A Levels 2017 - Support Thread

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
KB

Re: A Levels 2017 - Support Thread

Post by KB »

Buying for so many it's hard to come up with things that don't x9 break the bank that will still be worthwhile individually. I thought your coffee voucher idea was pretty good myself.

I would say a personalised card is the best bet. Maybe a photo for the front if they aren't artistic but preferably something that relates to the teacher/ class/ 'in joke' etc. Otherwise anything that they've bothered with. Then a meaningful handwritten message. Teachers are only human ;) and everyone likes to feel appreciated! For a young person to take time to do this after exams would mean a lot to most staff.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

My DS class have an English teacher as a form tutor, they've all put in to buy him a book he was very keen on. Quite thoughtful for boys I thought!

We are more or less done for exams, just one Gen Studies paper next week. Champers and chippy tea celebration and then I'm taking him and his girlfriend ( who has had a very heavy week exam wise) out to a party.

Good luck for anyone sitting today .
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Fourteen years of school, final exam completed today :) going out to celebrate with DD. Whatever the outcome she's worked very hard. It's been a tough year with illness (mine) but never once has my DD complained, she's even having to give up part of her holidays to be my driver over the next few weeks whilst I have more treatment - I'm so proud of her :D X x x
Heartmum x x x
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Done here too! Yippee!

I hope your treatment goes well heartmum.
scary mum
doodles

Post by doodles »

Well done to all our DC as they come to the end of their formal schooling, 14 years have gone so fast. Whatever happens next, wherever they choose to go and do I wish them all well.

Goodluck heartmum hope your treatment goes well.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
KB

Post by KB »

Love to heartmum and Miss heartmum. Prayer that despite the difficulties you will benefit from the opportunity to spend the time together.
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

All done and dusted here , last physics paper this morning.

Good luck to all, now we wait until 17th of August.
greenwichmum

Post by greenwichmum »

I don't think I have posted on here since the 11 plus results!! I do check in occasionally and read whats been going on. Hows everyone feeling about results day? Im so hoping my daughter gets into one of her choices. Her offers are AAB and ABB. She is happy with her first and second choice so either would be good. Feeling as nervous as I was with 11 plus!

Good luck to everyone for next Thursday..
KB

Post by KB »

I'll do guest55 job :)

When results arrive the accepted etiquette here is not share specific grades but to keep things more general.
Obviously there may be some situations where people are asking for help and a specific mark is central to that.

Thinking of everyone and their DCs this week!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Unis get results this weekend so will be able to consider candidates who miss offers. Unis need to fill places so missing an offer by one grade [sometimes two] is not always a disaster.

Check how to get a paper re-marked before next Thursday - there is a 'fast track' process for people whose uni place depends on it.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate ... nd-appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd advise parents to encourage their son/daughter to log in to Track before getting results. This will tell them whether they are in ...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now