Grammar School for girl in Essex

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Parvin

Grammar School for girl in Essex

Post by Parvin »

Hi I am new to this forum.
MY daughter is in year 4 and I live in Romford. I started looking into admission in grammar schools and other schools.
I had a look at Woodford County and Chelmsford Grammar school and I don't think any of these two schools is in the catchment area I live.
Can anyone please advise about other school? Does any of your daughter go to Frances Bardsley Academy.
Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you
Parvin
ToadMum

Re: Grammar School for girl in Essex

Post by ToadMum »

Parvin wrote:Hi I am new to this forum.
MY daughter is in year 4 and I live in Romford. I started looking into admission in grammar schools and other schools.
I had a look at Woodford County and Chelmsford Grammar school and I don't think any of these two schools is in the catchment area I live.
Can anyone please advise about other school? Does any of your daughter go to Frances Bardsley Academy.
Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you
Parvin
Hi :)

If you are looking at year 7 entry, you will do better posting in 'Essex' and 'Essex - Redbridge', rather than '6th form'

You are correct in thinking that you are not in catchment for WCHS or CCHS. However, your DD does at least have a chance of a place at CCHS, if she does well enough - not at WCHS, though, as it is always oversubscribed with those living in the Common Catchment Area. CCHS admits up to thirty girls on score, regardless of place of residence. Southend High School for Girls and Westcliff High School for Girls each have about 35 places specifically for OOC applicants and usually admit more, but with any school some distance from home, please consider your DD's journey and whether logistics will impact her ability to participate fully in any school activity (clubs, teams, orchestra etc, or just compulsory 'twilight' sessions as she gets to GCSE level).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now