Edexcel disqualify C4 exam cheats

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Guest55

Edexcel disqualify C4 exam cheats

Post by Guest55 »

https://www.tes.com/news/level-maths-ch ... squalified" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Five A level students have been disqualified following an exam board’s investigation into the leak of a maths paper this summer."
KenR

Re: Edexcel disqualify C4 exam cheats

Post by KenR »

I would feel sorry for anyone that is disqualified just because they happen to be a member of a Whatsapp group (and hence default recipient) where another group member has cheated and shared the paper.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

It was alleged that images of questions from the exam were being sold in the early hours of the day via “two closed social media applications”.

True, it isn't specified, but I wonder if the closed groups in question were set up for the purposes of sharing the illegally-acquired paper, rather than it being randomly sent to other members (interested or otherwise) of existing groups?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I think active participation would have to be proved in order to find an A level Maths candidate a cheat and disqualify them.

You have to have cast-iron evidence to brand someone a cheat. DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now