A level results 2018

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hermanmunster

Re: A level results 2018

Post by hermanmunster »

anotherdad wrote:My daughter got what she needed for her first choice.
That's excellent news!
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Good to hear anotherdad! Enjoy the rainy day!
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Fab news Anotherdad, DSs girlfriend has secured her place.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Well done to both and to others who have the news they wanted.
mm23292

Post by mm23292 »

Very happy here today. Our daughter has got the grades she needed and more. It’s been a long journey since I first stumbled across this forum, desperate for advice on 11plus appeals. I learned more than I had bargained for throughout that awful process, and it left her with an awful sense of failure & self doubt, for far too many years.
To the appeal panel who deemed her decidedly average, I would love to show them what she has achieved since. No hothousing or extra ‘tutoring’. With an 18 hour week part time job and two full time summer internments, a busy social life and a plethora of non academic interests, she has juggled it all with admirable ease. We are so proud of her.
Good luck and well done to all.
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

Dd1 has accepted her place at first choice! Phew!

Had to laugh at a Telegraph article (not my usual paper) about A levels for parents which ends with “After all, whatever you allow your son or daughter to believe, this is your day really.” yep.
tense

Post by tense »

+1 to Doodles. Well done to all our DC.

Am feeling rather dazed here, my DS got his first choice.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

mm23292 wrote:Very happy here today. Our daughter has got the grades she needed and more. It’s been a long journey since I first stumbled across this forum, desperate for advice on 11plus appeals. I learned more than I had bargained for throughout that awful process, and it left her with an awful sense of failure & self doubt, for far too many years.
To the appeal panel who deemed her decidedly average, I would love to show them what she has achieved since. No hothousing or extra ‘tutoring’. With an 18 hour week part time job and two full time summer internments, a busy social life and a plethora of non academic interests, she has juggled it all with admirable ease. We are so proud of her.
Good luck and well done to all.
Congratulations to your daughter.

This is why we parents of “11+ failures” should stick around on here. There are a whole lot of very capable children and parents who need support and reassurance that when things sometimes take an unexpected turn, that it can work out in the end.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Well done to all so far :)

I agree with anotherdad - reading about such wonderful success for 11+ non-qualifiers shows that one day does not define their futures :)
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Congratulations to those getting the grades they need and yes the 11+ is a one day test which is seriously flawed.

DS had two great results but one not so. However he had no offers anyway, had his ski season lined up so will resit and take his gap year as planned. Pretty pleased with his results myself and it shows how a bad AS result after one year of hard work can be turned around. The reason I hated the practice of throwing students of courses if they didn’t get high AS results.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now