A levels 2018-2020. long wait 2

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tinkers

A levels 2018-2020. long wait 2

Post by Tinkers »

So time for some of us to graduate from the GCSE section to the A level section, after ‘the long wait’. :)

DD registered for sixth form in Friday and found out her form group. She will get her timetable on the first day (though it might appear magically on her phone before then, it has in previous years, but it won’t have all the info on). There will be some team building stuff on the first day as there will be plenty of new girls joining them.

She has finished her summer bridging work, so enjoying the remaining holiday before going back.
KS10

Re: A levels 2018-2020. long wait 2

Post by KS10 »

DD got better than expected results so now wants to go back to her original idea of taking four and dropping one at Christmas. She had decided against English Lit but realises that taking two new subjects could backfire. She now has a week to complete the heavy English tasks so that she isn’t rejected straightaway.
ahap

Post by ahap »

DD wants to do 3 subjects instead of 4 and wondering how to go about it. She started her summer bridging work a few weeks ago but has not finished it yet.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
doodles

Post by doodles »

DS2 has pre-season rugby training this week and then goes back with the yr7's for orientation on Tuesday. School resumes on Wednesday and there it is, the beginning of the end of a long association with this school and school in general. :shock:

He has decided on Maths and all three sciences for his 4 A levels - he is surely not my child :lol:

I will have a half empty nest come the end of September and to tell you the truth I am a little scared at the prospect :?
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

doodles wrote:He has decided on Maths and all three sciences for his 4 A levels - he is surely not my child :lol:
DD is doing maths and chemistry, so making us think she really is our child, then also picking Eng Lit, making us think she really isn’t.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It's funny isn't it? Both my sister and I did maths degrees and our mum was the bane of her teacher's life.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

DS’s maths teacher said it was in the genes as ‘these things don’t happen by accident’. Like you, G55, we’re not sure whose genes (I know that’s not what you said). DD, on the other hand, is definitely my daughter. Now if I could just convince her to take history ...
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Dd2 is also taking English literature, 2 others subjects and has yet to decide between history and geography.
She may choose to study English Literature at degree level & therefore needs an essay based subject to complement. But after her ‘Bright Green Future’ summer residential, she’s inclined towards geography too...
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

KS10 wrote:She now has a week to complete the heavy English task.
May I ask what she has to prepare? I am very curious... :oops: I hope I am not overstepping the mark here!
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

Oops, I wished to send a pm and I pressed the wrong button! :oops: :oops: My apologies!