A level choices - future career accounting and finance

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
piggys

Re: A level choices - future career accounting and finance

Post by piggys »

watford wrote:

Just to add we called some universities and they said as long as she has 7 in maths and 6 in English it doesn't matter what subjects she is doing as long as they aren't on their 'blacklist' which they are not.
What was on the blacklist, if you don't mind me asking?
doodles

Post by doodles »

I have just shown this thread to DH an accountant of many years both in industry, the financial sector and practice and he just asked "Why"?

He did French and Accounting at University and although he enjoyed the course I think it was more the French that he enjoyed than the Accounting and throughout his working life it has been the French elements of jobs that have made some of the more mundane accounting elements more bearable.

My steer would certainly be towards A levels that she enjoys studying and then if she still wants to do accounting then perhaps one of the graduate programmes offered by companies would be the way to go. It may be worth finding out what their requirements are and seeing if they have preferred degree courses.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

piggys wrote:
watford wrote:

Just to add we called some universities and they said as long as she has 7 in maths and 6 in English it doesn't matter what subjects she is doing as long as they aren't on their 'blacklist' which they are not.
What was on the blacklist, if you don't mind me asking?
I can't imagine that it would be anything other than the usual General Studies / Critical Thinking / something or other 'studies' which are the IB equivalents? And possibly Further Maths as a third subject?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now