Degree/ Higher Apprenticeships

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
justkeepmoving

Re: Degree/ Higher Apprenticeships

Post by justkeepmoving »

Friends DS is doing degree apprenticeship with Vodaphone - loving it - has lots of responsibility already in his department - well paid & lots of perks - he wasn't keen in going off to uni anyway - he was lucky as many applicants for the few places offered - so if you find one you are interested in - apply but have a back-up option too
cazien

Post by cazien »

DS is preferring the degree apprenticeship to Uni. As a back-up plan, he has applied (and secured :D ) Uni places.
It is so much harder to get a decent degree-apprenticeship than a place at Uni :!: So far the process, which he started towards the end of last year, has been:- fill in application form, on-line test, on-line essay and on-line interview. He now has to go to an assessment day which, if successful, will be then be invited for face-to-face interview. He has applied at numerous companies and, as he is having success at all them, have found they all seem to be following the same route for recruitment. It is not an easy option and it is a very time-consuming process, but having a level 6 degree-apprenticeship is what he prefers.
newbie23

Post by newbie23 »

mitasol wrote:I believe they can be set up in different ways. I always thought they sounded like a great idea in terms of funding and work experience. The only negative I’ve heard is that some people have struggled to manage both study and work simultaneously. UCAS has a brief here. https://www.ucas.com/alternatives/appre ... nticeships" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 090418.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I’ve heard is that some people have struggled to manage both study and work simultaneously.

Well, no doubt about it.
My work takes 10 hours per day + 2 hours for the road.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now