Uni Offer Amendment

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
DiLusso

Uni Offer Amendment

Post by DiLusso »

My DD received notification yesterday that her offer from her Insurance choice had been lowered by a grade. Has anyone else seen this happen since declaring Firm & Insurance choices? Hoping that her firm choice might do something similar.
scary mum

Re: Uni Offer Amendment

Post by scary mum »

This is quite a regular occurrence - it happened to my DS for his insurance last year (but not his firm, sadly!).
scary mum
DiLusso

Post by DiLusso »

Thanks scary mum. Ahh I see. Thought it might have had something to do with the circumstances of this year but seems not.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

DD received an email before lockdown from Birmingham with a lower offer and before she’d made a decision, so it’s probably not related to the current situation. We noticed, however, that when she decided to firm Birmingham over Durham, the offer was the original higher one. She still firmed it but will refer to the email at a later date should she need to do so. Durham’s offer has not changed.
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

This has happened to my DS too.
He is planning to defer or reapply if needs be next year.
Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy »

My DD had amendment few days ago, one of the 3 exams 1 grade lower

The University is advertising same course for 2021 with 1 grade higher than this year (so now 2 higher than revised offer)

I am guessing trying to fill places and avoid deferrals, and recognising the assessed A levels this year might cause a headache with clearing, so trying to pre-capture those that might have slipped to back-up choice.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

DDs course already stated (back last year when they sent the offer) that they lower the offer from AAB to ABB for those who firm them.

I think they have changed next years typical offer to AAA/AAB, rather than AAB.

They also said at the applicant day back in January that they are flexible on offers, so if students have EPQs and/or AS grades to add to the mix, they would look at adjusting offers to suit if asked. This was pre COVID.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Moon unit wrote:This has happened to my DS too.
He is planning to defer or reapply if needs be next year.
DD is doing the same.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

No lowering of requirements for DC. All offers are still the same.
Recently been told that more people have firmed that particular course than available places. If he doesn’t get his firm choice, then a gap year and reapplication.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Good luck to your DS, tb. I really hope those who want to go this year get what they need.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now