Dropping 4th A Level

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
BucksBornNBred

Dropping 4th A Level

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Sorry if this topic is covered elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find the right post so far!

My DS took FM as a 4th subject but now thinks he wants to drop it to concentrate on his other subjects. My question really is does he have to speak to someone about this or should I? And if HE has to, should it be HOY or pastoral or head of Maths or, or .... We don't mind that he wants to drop FM (heyho, it is his life) but we are really not sure what the procedure is and I can't find anything to help.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Many thanks
Tinkers

Re: Dropping 4th A Level

Post by Tinkers »

It probably varies from school to school, but his form tutor or Head of sixth firm is probably as good a place to start as any. In this case the maths teacher is also maybe one too, as he would still be doing maths (I’d assume). If it’s not any of them, they would know who.
Flash

Post by Flash »

My DD is also considering dropping FM and has arranged for a chat with HOY to discuss.
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Thanks Tinkers and Flash. I thought maybe HOY.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

BucksBornNBred wrote:Sorry if this topic is covered elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find the right post so far!

My DS took FM as a 4th subject but now thinks he wants to drop it to concentrate on his other subjects. My question really is does he have to speak to someone about this or should I? And if HE has to, should it be HOY or pastoral or head of Maths or, or .... We don't mind that he wants to drop FM (heyho, it is his life) but we are really not sure what the procedure is and I can't find anything to help.
Is he sure he doesn't need it for his degree choice?

If so, better to drop it before he completes his UCAS application.