Weekly/Monthly budget for University

Discussion and advice on University Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Guest55

Re: Weekly/Monthly budget for University

Post by Guest55 »

I was impressed by the launderette at DS's uni. Very clear instructions [with photos] and could be monitored from your room so you knew if there was a washer free before you trekked down with your washing. There was also a sink to rinse the worst of the mud of dirty kit before washing.
Ally

Post by Ally »

Last year we had an extra duvet cover etc ( His spare set from home) and an extra bath towel, and maybe a couple of hoddies that we would take up with us and do a quick swap, if we went to see him. Think it really helped

Going to be interesting to see how they ( 6 of them) cope with getting their washing dry in a shared house. Have suggested we will occasionally give him extra for a service wash
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Ally wrote:Last year we had an extra duvet cover etc ( His spare set from home) and an extra bath towel, and maybe a couple of hoddies that we would take up with us and do a quick swap, if we went to see him. Think it really helped

Going to be interesting to see how they ( 6 of them) cope with getting their washing dry in a shared house. Have suggested we will occasionally give him extra for a service wash
We do this at home when, say, there are lots of pairs of jeans which need doing and it isn't hot, sunny and windy (or at least 'perm two of three') up the garden. Ditto duvets on the swap between 'summer' and 'winter' togs. We do have an amazingly speedy and helpful launderette a few minutes' walk away, which helps :) .

I also encourage DS1 to bring bed linen (especially sheets) home for me to have a good go at, washing wise, posting it back to him if necessary.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
KS10

Post by KS10 »

I don’t ask questions because I know I won’t like the answer, so I’m blissfully ignorant and simply assume that everything is washed frequently and well. Having said that, his clothes did smell like they hadn’t dried properly when he came home for the summer.
KB

Post by KB »

The boys used to bring everything home each vacation and I'd give it a good wash and air even if it is was supposedly clean. Although mostly they would stop washing towards the end of term in anticipation and just accumulate it for mum :)

I hear that the heated airers are quite good and much cheaper to run than tumble dryers. Maybe something to look into for 2nd years etc in shared houses.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Help! Is what I'm expecting to hear :lol:
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !