Joint Honours Degree

Discussion and advice on University Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
buzzybee

Re: Joint Honours Degree

Post by buzzybee »

Thank you all for your replies. Definitely food for thought. I had looked at Derby which seemed interesting.

With regards to Uni's with a good dance reputation that she could do aside from a degree, what's the best way to find that information out?

She's been dancing from age 6 and won a National title and currently dances with a well regarded school and I know she won't want to stop dancing completely when she goes to uni.

Thanks again.
KB

Post by KB »

I dont know of any easy ways. The people I know who did similar just used 'word of mouth'.

If she is at a 6th form that regularly sends students to a range of Universities then her asking around is somewhere to start.

Equally, as she's at a well regarded dance school it's worth talking to teachers and other pupils there.

Always investigate any "tips" but its a good way of getting pointers.

Otherwise she can make a (probably not very) short list of universities that offer accredited psychology courses where she is likely to meet entry requirements and start from there. If she has views on other criteria she could reduce the list first - eg avoiding major cities, being a certain travelling time from home. Then looking through web sites and following links to the societies and news pages should be helpful. Time consuming process but she's still got plenty of time!

Its also a good question for the UCAS evening!
buzzybee

Post by buzzybee »

Thank you KB some very useful tips. Lots to research!