Go to navigation
It is currently Wed May 12, 2021 2:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:20 am 

Brampton Manor, a state sixth form in the second most deprived London borough, Newham, have overtaken Eton with 55 Oxbridge offers compared to Eton's 48.

Eton's Oxbridge offers have halved in the past 7 years from 99 in 2014 to 48 this year whereas Brampton, which only opened its doors in 2012, went from just 1 offer in 2014 to 55 this year.

St Paul's girls total has reduced from 58 in 2015 to 44 this year.

Kings College Wimbledon's offers have almost halved from 48 to 2019 to 27 this year.

Doors to the study centre open at 6am every day and stay open for 12 hours as many students do not have the facilities to study at home. Many students are queuing outside before 6am.

This work ethic will serve them well at Oxbridge where many courses expect students to complete two long essays each week of term.

Brampton's roll of honour board which was expected to last ten years is already full with not enough room for all the offers this year.

I expect their numbers to top 100 in the next five years. DG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:58 pm 

That is very interesting DG
Wilson’s got 24 offers this year which is I think more than last year and more or less what they usually get.
I have heard of other independents who have had lower numbers this year including JAGS.