student insurance

Discussion and advice on University Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
food4thought

student insurance

Post by food4thought »

hello folks,

i want to get my boy some student insurance in case he loses something or has something stolen.

student insurance seems to be a minefield... please could someone make any recommendations

Regards
TSM
scary mum

Re: student insurance

Post by scary mum »

We originally used Endsleigh , & then discovered it was much cheaper to add them to our household insurance.
scary mum
mad?

Post by mad? »

We used Endsleigh for the 1st year also and then someone else (can't remember who sorry - but found them on a price comparison site) later on. At Freshers fair there was a stall getting students who had not already arranged this to sign up on the spot - I suspect that was Ensleigh also). For DD1 insurance was included in college fees - but on closer inspection did not cover theft/damage occurring off site so we still needed to get extra - check the small print!
mad?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

They may well be covered by your household insurance, we checked ours and DD was up to 10% of our contents limits, so worth checking.

She has however covered her laptop separately as well, but she can claim that back through her DSA funding. I think she covered her phone and iPad at the same time.
food4thought

Post by food4thought »

thank you all, looks like Endsleigh don't offer contents insurance at the moment. Funny enough, i used them at university 30 years ago!
does anyone know how to find out if his university provides cover on premises or in halls? I'm not sure how to find the contract or university letting agreement.
mad?

Post by mad? »

food4thought wrote:thank you all, looks like Endsleigh don't offer contents insurance at the moment. Funny enough, i used them at university 30 years ago!
does anyone know how to find out if his university provides cover on premises or in halls? I'm not sure how to find the contract or university letting agreement.
It should be provided in the terms he has signed up to - or he will have a link to more info etc - get him to find out :)
mad?