UCAS Waiting

Discussion and advice on University Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
KB

Post by KB »

Well at least there a few days of not waiting for the postman :)
KenR

Post by KenR »

It's seems that B/Ham medical school has already sent out quite a few interview letters. There's quite a few who have got interviews from my daughters school.

Interestingly they have changed the interview criteria and now mandated 8 A*s at GCSE
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Hi Belinda, my daughter is also dragging her heels, gulp...... :roll:, although we have made some decisions re courses and some effort has gone into our personal statement, but we are not close to pressing the 'submit' button or whatever it is that we do now.
solimum

Post by solimum »

Looking for help wrote: some effort has gone into our personal statement,
Goodness do parents have do one as well... I can imagine-

"I have been a dedicated member of the PTA at every school my daughter has attended and am looking forward to the chance to participate in the exciting opportunity to divert a large part of my income to X university for the next three/four years while pretending not to worry about what my daughter is up to. I promise not to hang around demanding to speak to the lecturers every week and will not insist on eavesdropping all the tutorials. I will not insist on my daughter phoning me promptly at 6pm every day and nagging her to do her essays/problem sheets/ lab reports. I plan to Get A Life and not wander forlornly around her empty room picking up the last stray items of discarded washing. I have been working hard at letting her go since the moment she was born....."
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

I was using the royal we there, she has done it herself but we have had to , shall we say , encourage her slightly :lol:

Like the idea though :lol:
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

solimum wrote:
Looking for help wrote: some effort has gone into our personal statement,
Goodness do parents have do one as well... I can imagine-

"I have been a dedicated member of the PTA at every school my daughter has attended and am looking forward to the chance to participate in the exciting opportunity to divert a large part of my income to X university for the next three/four years while pretending not to worry about what my daughter is up to. I promise not to hang around demanding to speak to the lecturers every week and will not insist on eavesdropping all the tutorials. I will not insist on my daughter phoning me promptly at 6pm every day and nagging her to do her essays/problem sheets/ lab reports. I plan to Get A Life and not wander forlornly around her empty room picking up the last stray items of discarded washing. I have been working hard at letting her go since the moment she was born....."
:lol:
Marylou
jemima

BMAT

Post by jemima »

BMAT on Tuesday and hairy child is reading a novel. STRESS. You can't 'encourage' an older child in the way you caould younger one for 11+ practice. Hermanmunster did you do BMAT - there are only 2 practice papers!
Kegs Mom 3

Post by Kegs Mom 3 »

Good Luck for the BMAT tomorrow, I'm sure your DS will be fine, but it's so true, you can't 'cajole' them the way that you could for the 11 plus!
Not going through this until next year, thank goodness!
Good luck, let us know how it goes!
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Wish him good luck from us too!

(our turn for the BMAT angst next year as well :? )
Marylou