Cambridge route....

Discussion and advice on University Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Daogroupie

Re: Cambridge route....

Post by Daogroupie »

Thank you for that nugget. I knew they were considering some more joint options but it is good to know it is sooner rather than later. They had said previously it would not be for some time. DG
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Oxford already offer History and MFL as do other universities.

http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergra ... -languages" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and for example:

http://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/2 ... ry-french/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduat ... ad-ba.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's not aways a good idea to be in the first cohort of a new degree.
moved

Post by moved »

She knows that Oxford already offer the joint course and did consider it quite seriously. Her application form was quite mixed with only Cambridge being single honours. She liked the Cambridge course because she could study the French history that interests her.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Fingers crossed for good news this week. :D
moved

Post by moved »

Good luck for Tuesday to everyone else with a DC awaiting results.
Lots of DD's friends who she thought would have gained places at Oxford didn't and lots who she thought wouldn't did. So who knows what Tuesday will bring.
moved

Post by moved »

Not this year for DD nor many of her friends.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I hope she can put the disappointment behind her and aim for those A*s - show the &*99%$s they got it wrong!
moved

Post by moved »

Almost used the exact same words, as did she!
KB

Post by KB »

Sorry to hear that moved.
Sending you both my very best. Know how disappointing it is. It's true though that many excellent students are overlooked by Oxbridge and go on to excel.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

KB wrote:Sorry to hear that moved.
Sending you both my very best. Know how disappointing it is. It's true though that many excellent students are overlooked by Oxbridge and go on to excel.
I can appreciate the feelings having gone through them myself many moons ago. A lot of effort and emotions are tied up in the process.Some students have succeeded by reapplying after their A level results and taking a year out. A friends son did this a few years back after his initial failure with the A level grades in his hand. This would need to be thought about very carefully as it could also be a wasted year with no guarantee of success.It is possible to get feedback from the colleges if your school requests it. I wish you both well and in life when one door closes another always opens.The best of luck.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now