Unconditional offers

Discussion and advice on University Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MollyB

Re: Unconditional offers

Post by MollyB »

My son was given an offer of AA one having to be in chemistry for medicine 4 years ago. It may be worth taking note though that future employers will always look at the A'level results, and they may be used to differentiate between candidates although probably not relevent with Medicine. Husband went to Oxford with a D for O'level Maths! Maybe this is the begining of more realistic grade offers. There seems to be an awful lot of Oxbridge offers this year at our School.
P's mum

Post by P's mum »

Do you think that future employers look at A level results? I'd be surprised. I wouldn't. I would (as I gather do more employers) care that they had got a 2:1 though.

I don't think that it was just Oxbridge dn Manachester that used to offer EE. I think that Kings London offered that to me many moons ago. Actually it was common for universities to do that for whom they liked. I remember being very put out when Bradford asked for higher grades that Kings and Cambridge. I rejected the former!

EE never, to my knowledge, affected whether you worked or not once the offer was in the bag.
P's mum
goinggetstough

Post by goinggetstough »

Yes I do think Employers sometimes look at A level results too. My DD has applied for jobs where they have asked for a 2.1 degree and a minimum of 300 points from A levels.