Engineering - Birmingham, Bath, Loughborough and Warwick

Discussion and advice on University Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Elibet

Re: Engineering - Birmingham, Bath, Loughborough and Warwick

Post by Elibet »

Wow, Stroud takes me back 30 years to my life at Warwick in the early 80s! A very distant memory. The engineering department was brilliant then, not sure what it's like now. Lovely campus, though many tell me it's unrecognisable now.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Elibet wrote:Wow, Stroud takes me back 30 years to my life at Warwick in the early 80s! A very distant memory. The engineering department was brilliant then, not sure what it's like now. Lovely campus, though many tell me it's unrecognisable now.
I did German A level back in the 1970s at school in Staffordshire and our German teacher sometimes took us to the Arts Centre to see subtitled films - The Lost Honour of Katharina Blum and Death in Venice spring to mind. Twenty-odd years later the organisation I worked for had its annual conferences there for a while. One year I was breastfeeding, so DH and DS1 came too; DS1 even had his own delegate's badge, job title, 'Mummy's Little Helper' :lol:

But I digress... Going back in the 90's, quite a bit at Warwick was new and unfamiliar, but going back a third time this year with DS1 for an open day - :!: - the only bit that really felt familiar was actually the inside of the Arts Centre and the long concrete walk to the 'Welcome to Warwick' talk. DS1 was there to find out about their Biochemistry degrees, but we may be back again in four years' time to investigate Engineering, as this seems to have replaced Archaeology in DD's affections :) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Elibet

Post by Elibet »

Thanks toadmum, I've never been back, so it was nice to recall stuff - I remember seeing Motörhead (one of my favourite bands at the time) at the arts centre all those years ago. Can't believe it's still there.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Elibet wrote:Thanks toadmum, I've never been back, so it was nice to recall stuff - I remember seeing Motörhead (one of my favourite bands at the time) at the arts centre all those years ago. Can't believe it's still there.
Still there and still the same :)
One of my favourite acheivements was having a piece of my GSCE art work displyed there and going to see it on a school trip circa 1987 ...

JD
Liz3

Post by Liz3 »

JD wrote 'One of my favourite acheivements was having a piece of my GSCE art work displyed there and going to see it on a school trip circa 1987 ...'

I think I'll show that post to the children, they have such great opportunities but don't appear to value them......yet, maybe one day they'll realise their achievements (oh and the efforts of their parents!!)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now