University moving list

Discussion and advice on University Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ally

Re: University moving list

Post by Ally »

Small Address Book to use as a password book. We use one at home and it's a brilliant way of remembering login details for website and accounts etc
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Ally wrote:Small Address Book to use as a password book. We use one at home and it's a brilliant way of remembering login details for website and accounts etc
Please say you mean, in some kind of codified way, not actually to keep lists of passwords in :shock:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Ally

Post by Ally »

Yes. As no one can remember their unique login details for the 100 or more web site we seem to use on a regular basis. It was fine when every one felt secure using the same password for every website. I can probably remember the login details for my email account, bank account and Amazon but need to look up the login details for most other website
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I've just seen on a local FB page, that Reading Ikea are offering a free shuttle bus from the Uni to the local Ikea store today and Saturday.

(Though the small print mentions there is limited luggage space on the coach. :lol: )
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

Don’t forget to bring your special login details for your bank account. So you don’t have to ask your dad to search your room at home.. jest sayin’.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

silverysea wrote:Don’t forget to bring your special login details for your bank account. So you don’t have to ask your dad to search your room at home.. jest sayin’.
Personal experience? :lol:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

silverysea wrote:Don’t forget to bring your special login details for your bank account. So you don’t have to ask your dad to search your room at home.. jest sayin’.
Or indeed your new "smart" jeans from the airing cupboard which cost nearly as much to post as buy (last year). Or all your sweatshirts as it was warm when you left (this year).
scary mum
mad?

Post by mad? »

Or the 2 dresses and one pair of heels that there was 'absolutely no point' you taking because 'students don't wear that kind of thing' and the multi-vitamins you have sworn you are taking every day but left on your bedside table.
mad?
marigold

Post by marigold »

My first care package to DS last year cost more to send than his easyJet flight home at Christmas. He had suddenly realised, despite having been told a million times , that it can get a bit nippy up north. I had to send long johns, hat, gloves etc. This year he might be lucky to get a bar of chocolate every now and again.