Oxbridge and DAO + End of an Era

Discussion and advice on University Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
BarnetDad

Re: Oxbridge and DAO + End of an Era

Post by BarnetDad »

tiffinboys wrote:Who else is expected to know the actual situation snd correct numbers? And are they also expected to be on this forum?
I can think of one person in particular, whose name here begins with a d and ends in an e....
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

BarnetDad wrote:[
What test are you referring to?
Hypothetically, though [i.e. if this offends anyone, then don't shoot me!] I would say that the sort of people who might care would be those with kids in Yr10/11 at DAO and (stupidly or otherwise) wondering about Oxbridge - maybe they'd be worried if DAO's hit rate is declining due to something they're doing wrong, and they could consider alternatives for 6th form.
I was referring to the 11+.

How does past success at Oxbridge matter? There are new A levels and so past 'success' means nothing.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

BarnetDad wrote:
tiffinboys wrote:Who else is expected to know the actual situation snd correct numbers? And are they also expected to be on this forum?
I can think of one person in particular, whose name here begins with a d and ends in an e....
And why is she expected to answer any random question about DAO based on rumours as yet?
DAOdad

Post by DAOdad »

BarnetDad wrote:
Guest55 wrote:Who cares anyway? Anyone who choses a school based on Oxbridge offers now before their child even sits the test is looking at the wrong data.
I'm past caring now (was mildly curious at the beginning of the thread).
What test are you referring to?
Hypothetically, though [i.e. if this offends anyone, then don't shoot me!] I would say that the sort of people who might care would be those with kids in Yr10/11 at DAO and (stupidly or otherwise) wondering about Oxbridge - maybe they'd be worried if DAO's hit rate is declining due to something they're doing wrong, and they could consider alternatives for 6th form.
My daughter is in the 6th Form at DAOS. They have just announced that 25 students have been given offers, which is the school's third best result ever in this area. Make of that what you will!
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Wow. That's brilliant with only partial selection and no cull/restrictive subject choice policies.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now