UCAS applications for 2019 entry - OCR FSMQ Add Maths

Discussion and advice on University Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tinkers

Re: UCAS applications for 2019 entry - OCR FSMQ Add Maths

Post by Tinkers »

Music grade UCAS tariffs
https://www.trinitycollege.com/site/?id=2875" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

PurpleDuck wrote:
Tinkers wrote:The higher music (and dance etc) grades attract UCAS points, but unless you are applying for a course that just asks for a set number of points without specifying where from I’m not sure how much they count.

Probably worth still putting on imho (shows a breadth of interests), but I have no clue one this and happy to be told otherwise.
Thank you, Tinkers. DS's Grade 4 certificate says 'awarded 15 credits at Level 2 of the QCF' and he got a merit. The piano as such is completely irrelevant to his chosen course at uni but I agree it's a good proof of a breath of interests. Just need to find out how to add it in at this stage!
He needs to ask the Centre (his school) to return his application. It can be done on the spot and the. Resubmitted
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

Tinkers wrote:Music grade UCAS tariffs
https://www.trinitycollege.com/site/?id=2875" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you, Tinkers, that's very helpful. It looks like Grade 4 is too low to count for anything UCAS-points wise but it still proves DS did a bit more than just his homework, at least that's my thinking :)
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

stroudydad wrote:
PurpleDuck wrote:
Tinkers wrote:The higher music (and dance etc) grades attract UCAS points, but unless you are applying for a course that just asks for a set number of points without specifying where from I’m not sure how much they count.

Probably worth still putting on imho (shows a breadth of interests), but I have no clue one this and happy to be told otherwise.
Thank you, Tinkers. DS's Grade 4 certificate says 'awarded 15 credits at Level 2 of the QCF' and he got a merit. The piano as such is completely irrelevant to his chosen course at uni but I agree it's a good proof of a breath of interests. Just need to find out how to add it in at this stage!
He needs to ask the Centre (his school) to return his application. It can be done on the spot and the. Resubmitted
Thank you, Stroudydad. I've just called DS's school and left a message with the 6th form team saying we want to add the piano certified grades.
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now