Allocation Day - 01/03/2017

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bananas

Re: Allocation Day - 01/03/2017

Post by Bananas »

The lady I spoke to didn't sound hopeful either may be the same one though one I spoke to before said they offered an extra 20 places last year she estimated by end August. The only thing is I don't know if waiting list positions today are starting from 0 extra offered which is frustrating!

I think we can probably take 6 off them from Apple's post and looking at the Freedom of Info request data we are probably 19 now as Apple was 6 this morning (its not possible for us to be 25 so assume today's offers haven't come off totals and yours should fall by 6 too). Trying to find out of someone in between us has been offered today to see if anyone else offered. Just a waiting game I guess.
dk2011

Post by dk2011 »

In the email which they had sent for communicating the score, it was mentioned that in 2016, last place was offered to the kid/kids who was/were having 106.54 marks. That gives some hope to us. Just praying that this year too it goes down to at least 106.54.
Raji

Post by Raji »

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply. When I spoke to the admissions team today, they said they had not offered any places between 15th March and yesterday. They said offers will be sent from today on. So still hopeful.

Good Luck to all..
Bananas

Post by Bananas »

That's great if they didn't offer any places before today. I expected that to be the case but the lady I spoke to was saying maybe we have but sounded like she was guessing. Some of the ladies there are much more knowledgeable than others.

Be interesting to know lowest score offered today and how many places offered but not sure we will get that level of detail. Still sounds like we are at least 6 places down today, just hope this continues!
apples

Post by apples »

I spoke to the team leader for admissions and 2 of the other team members and all of them quite categorically stated that no offers had been made between March 1st and yesterday. Also, from the FOI data my daughter was 11th on the waiting list but when the official position was realeased yesterday lunchtime on the internet site her position was 6th. This suggests some of the kids on the FOI were out of catchment and possibly late entrants etc?
Anyway, based on last year I understand that an extra 25 people moved up the list from March 1st until September. I also personally know a gir who was offered a place in November after term started.

So all of you that are 20-30 on the waiting list do still have hope. It is a horrible waiting game now, but good luck all.
Bananas

Post by Bananas »

Thanks very much Apples. That's great no offers were made before yesterday and 25 got in by September. Going to be close but hopefully we will all see you there by the end of the year at least. DD has at least got her second choice but will leave buying uniform until last minute.
Lolik123457

Post by Lolik123457 »

I been told that last year extra 46 places was offered is that true?and why someone saying 20 someone 25 is it admission gives this numbers?also WC build the new campus maybe more kids will have chance this year.
Bananas

Post by Bananas »

The figure of around 20 I got was from Admissions but the lady was taking her best guess. I presume Apple's 25 was from Admissions too and is pretty similar to the 20 but maybe a precise count or maybe the rank it went up to on the waiting list and a few turned down on waiting list.

No idea where someone got 46 from but it doesn't tally with what admissions are saying and they are the ones doing the places so I would go with the 25. You should be below rank 25 anyway, you must be 22 or 24 as there's 3 of you at 107.59. Woodford isn't expanding further this year though as applications went up 18 percent this year they may well come under pressure to for future years. From the FOI data more are turning down places than last year too so even if it was rank 25 last year it might go a bit higher this year with any luck. We can dream!! Hopefully will all be there by the end of the year at least.
dk2011

Post by dk2011 »

It wasn't me. It'a different user Lolik123457 :)
However, I was also told by one of the teachers, who has a fair idea about allocation, that while giving such information, admission team always remain conservative. Yes. Hopefully, we all will be there.
Bananas

Post by Bananas »

Lolik123457 daughter also scored 107.59, but I don't know if she's 22 or 24 on the waiting list (as you are 23) but she's close to us both. Hopefully will all get there. For some reason I am certain we will. Another lady has been in touch with the low 108s but nothing in between, trying to find out if she's received an offer yet. Happy Mother's Day everyone!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now