Out of catchment places

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ToadMum

Re: Out of catchment places

Post by ToadMum »

Mum05 wrote:My son sat for the IIford county exams however we live in Newham Plaistow..are we within the catchment area
The map is here, in the link that I posted not very far upthread.
https://my.redbridge.gov.uk/map/11-comm ... hment-area.

Is your address within the marked area? Off the top of my head, the common catchment area includes the whole of the London boroughs of Redbridge and Waltham Forest, plus a few bits of whichever borough(s) border them. It will certainly be detailed somewhere on the LB Redbridge website, possibly in the info around how to register one's DC to sit the test / have their raw score standardised with the Redbridge cohort?

X-posted with HM :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Confetti

Post by Confetti »

Hello,

In the map - two catchments areas (red and blue).

Which one is for Ilford County school? I hope it is blue as my address within the blue marked area.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Confetti wrote:Hello,

In the map - two catchments areas (red and blue).

Which one is for Ilford County school? I hope it is blue as my address within the blue marked area.

In the Redbridge secondary schools admissions booklet, it says,

The ‘common catchment area’
The catchment area for the two Redbridge grammar schools follows ‘natural boundaries’ as far as possible. It
includes the whole of Redbridge and Waltham Forest and parts of Barking & Dagenham and Newham authorities
and parts of Essex. When registering for the test, parents will have been able to check if they live in the
catchment area by putting in their address details online.

There is also another representation of the map in the booklet, with roads shown only within the past which is the 'inner' bit on the interactive map. I assume that the goods section is the London Borough of Redbridge?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Confetti

Post by Confetti »

Thank you, ToadMum

Actually I do not understand why in the map two catchment areas. :roll:
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Confetti wrote:Thank you, ToadMum

Actually I do not understand why in the map two catchment areas. :roll:
I don't think it is two catchment areas, I think the 'inner' part is probably the London Borough of Redbridge? And the area within the outer boundary outside that bit is the London Borough of Waltham Forest plus the odd bits of LBBD, Newham and Essex which the law on catchment area boundaries forced upon them (i have a memory that the Common Catchment Area used to be just LB Redbridge and LB Waltham Forest, but catchment area boundaries are not permitted to be completely congruent with administrative area boundaries). Loughton is within the outer ring and is under Essex CC for school purposes and Walthamstow is in Waltham Forest, for a start.

If you call Redbridge in the morning, I'm sure that they will be able to let you know whether or not your address is in the Common Catchment Area :) .
raey1971

Post by raey1971 »

Hi everyone, I’m not sure with regards to comman catchment area in Redbridge. If you look at the Map it looks like there are two demarcations. The smaller one which is brown and the larger one which is blue. Which one is included in the common catchment area? I live in Leytonstone. Is this within the catchment area of Woodford County? Thank you!
mkak123

Post by mkak123 »

raey1971 wrote:Hi everyone, I’m not sure with regards to comman catchment area in Redbridge. If you look at the Map it looks like there are two demarcations. The smaller one which is brown and the larger one which is blue. Which one is included in the common catchment area? I live in Leytonstone. Is this within the catchment area of Woodford County? Thank you!
Best to ask the Redbridge Admissions Office (you can find their email on the council website). From my previous experience, I can say that the Redbridge Admissions is very helpful and prompt in answering the queries.
Confetti

Post by Confetti »

raey1971 wrote:Hi everyone, I’m not sure with regards to comman catchment area in Redbridge. If you look at the Map it looks like there are two demarcations. The smaller one which is brown and the larger one which is blue. Which one is included in the common catchment area? I live in Leytonstone. Is this within the catchment area of Woodford County? Thank you!
I also had this question before applying. I've send question to Redbridge Admission Office and received reply: "Your postcode falls within the blue line, therefore, your within the common catchment area."
Leighmum2019

Post by Leighmum2019 »

Confetti wrote:
raey1971 wrote: I also had this question before applying. I've send question to Redbridge Admission Office and received reply: "Your postcode falls within the blue line, therefore, your within the common catchment area."

Your?! :shock: You're!!

Let's hope they didn't sit their eleven plus :lol:
Confetti

Post by Confetti »

Leighmum2019,

Yes, I just copied an answer, didn't correct their mistake.