Woodford County Advice Needed

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kopper

Woodford County Advice Needed

Post by kopper »

Hi
As a first time user and kind of lost on where to start, please can someone advise me on the process of sitting the exams for Woodford County please?

My daughter will be starting Year in September 2018 and would like to start the preparations asap.
We live in Redbridge so Woodford County is only our preferred choice and not interested in any other Grammar schools.

Any help would be appreciated on where to download past papers from and books recommended for study material.
Also advice on the cut off time for registration.

Thanks
scary mum

Re: Woodford County Advice Needed

Post by scary mum »

Does this page help?
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... ge-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Although I notice the dates on that page are for last year. This year's will be on the council and/or school websites.
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Nickib

Post by Nickib »

Surely if your daughter is starting year 7 in September 2018, it’s too late. I apologise if i’ve misunderstood.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Nickib wrote:Surely if your daughter is starting year 7 in September 2018, it’s too late. I apologise if i’ve misunderstood.
I can only see
will be starting Year in September 2018  and assumed the actual year (6? 5? 4? 3?) had been missed out.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
kopper

Post by kopper »

Nickib wrote:Surely if your daughter is starting year 7 in September 2018, it’s too late. I apologise if i’ve misunderstood.
Sorry she will be in year 5 in September 2018
RedDevil66

Post by RedDevil66 »

kopper wrote:Hi
As a first time user and kind of lost on where to start, please can someone advise me on the process of sitting the exams for Woodford County please?

My daughter will be starting Year in September 2018 and would like to start the preparations asap.
We live in Redbridge so Woodford County is only our preferred choice and not interested in any other Grammar schools.

Any help would be appreciated on where to download past papers from and books recommended for study material.
Also advice on the cut off time for registration.

Thanks
It's notoriously difficult to get into WCHS. Hugely competitive as well the catchment area is very large.
Good luck
Walthams

Post by Walthams »

My niece had a great tutor and passed to WCHS.with flying colours. A lot of her friends attended other tuition but failed which shows the importance of 'the right tutor'.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Walthams wrote:My niece had a great tutor and passed to WCHS.with flying colours. A lot of her friends attended other tuition but failed which shows the importance of 'the right tutor'.
Gosh, if I were your DD, I'd be pretty ticked off to see my mum put my success down to having 'the right tutor' :shock: . Still, a bit kinder to my friends than allowing that perhaps I was a bit brighter / had always worked a bit harder in school etc than them, saying that they only didn't succeed because they didn't have 'the right tutor', I suppose...
Walthams

Post by Walthams »

My niece started off her 11+ being in the 2nd best table at primary school. Her friends were at the 1st table so better than her. A couple of months after starting tuition, the teacher noticed an improvement in her performance in class which she mentioned to her parents at parent evening.

YES, It was thanks to the guidance of the tutor, who filled the gaps in her knowledge, gave her the right homework and supported her all the way since the parents were not knowledgeable about 11+. She is a bright and hard working girl but so were her friends who were at 1st table in primary school and attended 11+ tuition yet did not pass. She wouldn't have done it alone - which she said herself.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now