is it Chelmsford (CCHS) or Colchester Girls (CCHS)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

rain12

is it Chelmsford (CCHS) or Colchester Girls (CCHS)

Post by rain12 »

Hi
My DD got ~393 for CSSC and 122 for CCHS(Chelmsford) OOC for both. I hope she could be selected for both based on the history.

Apart from travelling (from East London) related issues, does anyone have any idea which school could be selected based on academic credentials?

Please give me your thoughts
Last edited by rain12 on Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
ToadMum

Re: is it Chelmsford (CCHS) or Colchester Girls (CCHS)

Post by ToadMum »

rain12 wrote:Hi
My DD got ~393 to CCSC and 122 to CCHS(Chelmsford) OOC for both. I hope she could be selected for both based on the history.

Apart from travelling (from East London) related issues, does anyone have any idea which school could be selected based on academic credentials?

Academically, they are both excellent schools and students at each consistently perform very well overall in public exams. Though it would be interesting to see how well the young person at ColCHS fares, who is so tired from her home-school journey that she falls asleep in class (reported elsewhere on this forum :shock: ).

Chelmsford County High is nearer to London and very much nearer Chelmsford railway station than ColCHS is to either Colchester or Colchester Town station. If you really must have an Essex grammar school place and really can't move nearer to the school, then for your DD's sake, please choose the one with the easiest journey for her.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
rain12

Post by rain12 »

ToadMum wrote:
rain12 wrote:Hi
My DD got ~393 to CCSC and 122 to CCHS(Chelmsford) OOC for both. I hope she could be selected for both based on the history.

Academically, they are both excellent schools and students at each consistently perform very well overall in public exams. Though it would be interesting to see how well the young person at ColCHS fares, who is so tired from her home-school journey that she falls asleep in class (reported elsewhere on this forum :shock: ).

Chelmsford County High is nearer to London and very much nearer Chelmsford railway station than ColCHS is to either Colchester or Colchester Town station. If you really must have an Essex grammar school place and really can't move nearer to the school, then for your DD's sake, please choose the one with the easiest journey for her.
Thank you Toadmum
rain12

Post by rain12 »

Hi Toadmum
I have a plan to relocate to Chelmsford. This will help for my two younger boys with KEGS as IC chance. If so shall I send her to CCHSG(Colches) or CCHS(chems)?

One of her tutor advices to CCHSG instead of CCHS or even Henrietta. We have coach facilities to CCHSG from both Newbery park as well as Chelmsford. Thus I don't need to worry about train station.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

If you plan ti move to Chelmsford then choose the local school.
Proudmumregardless

Post by Proudmumregardless »

Here's a novel idea. Go and look around both schools and decide which one suits your daughter best. They are both very very different in their atmosphere and ethos and to genuinely get the most out of a grammar school you need to fully engage in all it offers and not just turn up for registration and leave at the Bell.

If you really want your child to thrive do not bring them up in a bubble. The universities won't accept them unless they have a good range of extra curriculars and can cope with life anyway, not the top flight ones anyway.

As an ex cchs student with a daughter at colchs I genuinely would say let your daughter visit both and let her decide. Once you move to Essex. If you stay in London go to a London school.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now