Redbridge Woodford County Results 2018 - Post here

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mitasol

Re: Redbridge Woodford County Results 2018 - Post here

Post by mitasol »

I think this is the link
https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/schools/redbridge-11-plus/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
shnapc

Post by shnapc »

Hi does anybody know if CSSE publish similar results?
Sundus

Post by Sundus »

Hello again everyone..
As the results came out who is going which schoolZzz my daughter with 109.28 marks have not get a place offered at Woodford county as expected... just to ask if she will be in waiting automatically or I have to call school and tell them... if anyone can advice on this... and also when the waiting list will be available to see ... many thanks
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Sundus wrote:Hello again everyone..
As the results came out who is going which schoolZzz my daughter with 109.28 marks have not get a place offered at Woodford county as expected... just to ask if she will be in waiting automatically or I have to call school and tell them... if anyone can advice on this... and also when the waiting list will be available to see ... many thanks
https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/schools/ho ... ists-work/

How school waiting lists work

If your child has been offered a school place low on your list of preferred schools, they will remain on the waiting lists for all higher preference schools you have chosen.

If you have received an offer for a school place and you still wish to be considered for a school that you ranked lower on your list of schools, you will need to submit a new In year application form showing the new preference order of all your schools.

Rank the school higher than the school you have been offered, and rank the school that you still wish to be considered for as a higher preference.  When a school place is offered, all schools listed lower than the one offered are automatically withdrawn. 

(Assuming that your home LA is Redbridge? It may be different for Waltham Forest or any of the other areas, small bits of which were included in the Common Catchment Area to keep the schools on the right side of a particular piece of Admissions law).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Bananas

Post by Bananas »

We were on waiting list for Woodford couple of years ago. In Essex. We were on waiting list automatically as it was a higher preference than the second choice we got. Admissions is managed by Redbridge LA until September when school take over, if you phone / email Redbridge Admissions if you are outside Redbridge they can give you a code to check your waiting list position online. If you are in Redbridge think its automatic.

Can't remember exactly when waiting list positions come out, maybe in a week. At 109 you will be close as someone has been offered a place at 110. We were 25 on waiting list, offered in July, around 30 offered by September. Goes in waves about 10 offered in March, 10 in April, 1 in May, 1 in June then about 5 open day week and about 5 last week August / first week of term - list went up to at one point. Good luck!
Sundus

Post by Sundus »

Thank you so much for reply... we are in Waltham Forest but in the common catchment area... and Woodford county was my 1st choice I got place in other school lower then Woodford county.
I will call them to confirm if I will be in the waiting list automatically..
Twirl

Post by Twirl »

Can it be that you are in the common catchment area with 111.something and NOT be offered a place at Woodford County High? I have read that one girl got an offer who scored less than 111. Please advise.
Bananas

Post by Bananas »

You should get in touch with Redbridge Admissions asap - in our year there were a few errors made and a couple of people not offered places who should have been and one appeared that they shouldn't have been offered a place but were. The two people were in Waltham Forest and both were corrected to be given places, the one that appeared given in error seemed to keep too.

If you forgot to apply for schools - presume not - but if you call Redbridge and go on waiting list you be at top of it and offered a place later this month.
Twirl

Post by Twirl »

Bananas wrote:You should get in touch with Redbridge Admissions asap - in our year there were a few errors made and a couple of people not offered places who should have been and one appeared that they shouldn't have been offered a place but were. The two people were in Waltham Forest and both were corrected to be given places, the one that appeared given in error seemed to keep too.

If you forgot to apply for schools - presume not - but if you call Redbridge and go on waiting list you be at top of it and offered a place later this month.
Thank you so much Bananas. We can't figure out what could have happened. They did change address. Could the change of address have an impact? However all proof of address was given on time and was advised that the address had been updated.
Bananas

Post by Bananas »

I would get in touch with Redbridge admissions asap and their admissions to see what has happened. If the address moved to is in common catchment even if their application was re-classified as late as they moved after deadline for moving they should now be top of waiting list and offered a place in a couple of weeks or so. Though could just be an error has been made. Either way Redbridge Admissions should resolve this within the month and maybe as quick as a few days if error has occurred.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now