Redbridge Ilford County / Woodford County - 2021 Offers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sophia

Re: Redbridge Ilford County / Woodford County - 2021 Offers

Post by Sophia »

Hi Twirl,
My daughter is 16 below this year’s cut off, so very close like your daughter in the WL.
From previous years, it seems at least 20-30 get through from the WL. So there is hope!
Both my boys did very well and are at a grammar school and she has her heart set on Woodford. You are right, a diligent child will do well which ever school they choose.
DxbMama

Post by DxbMama »

Mumsmi wrote:Congrats!
Anyone know how we find out our Waiting list position for Woodford county?
I tried to figure out my daughter's position by checking her score on the published list before the offers went out and hoped for many to be OOC or not listing Woodford as their 1st choice. She got 111.57 and was offered a place.

I think some may still reject a place so if your heart is set on Woodford, there's still a possibility. But like one of the mums said, a good diligent child will do well wherever they go.

Good luck to all waiting to hear.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

The document showing 'how places were allocated' on the Redbridge includes details re checking positions on waiting lists from 26th March.

https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/media/9102 ... tances.pdf
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Sophia

Post by Sophia »

Hi Toadmum,
I was wondering if you had any idea on the amount of students that get through from the WL? My DD is 16 below the last offered score and I was wondering what her chances of getting into WCHS for this year would be?
Thank you
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Sophia wrote:Hi Toadmum,
I was wondering if you had any idea on the amount of students that get through from the WL? My DD is 16 below the last offered score and I was wondering what her chances of getting into WCHS for this year would be?
Thank you
Sorry, no, but if you scroll through the Essex - Redbrodge posts from the months immediately after offer day in previous years, there may be some indication.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Bananas

Post by Bananas »

Sophia - My daughter is a few years older (y10) now but she was 25th on the waiting list and got offered a place in July and there were a few more (maybe up to place 30) offered by first week of September. It did go in waves so there were periods were you got a few get in one week then none for a month. It also looked like there was some grammar school swapping going on as when the Essex grammars moved a week later Woodford moved. I would think your daughter will get in and even once they start there is some movement especially first week when some who have taken private offers don't turn up.

I think in y7 2 girls left over the year so not a lot but it does happen. My daughter goes to a different school now in a different area so I don't know last few years but sometimes people post here.
Bananas

Post by Bananas »

Sophia - Looking at recent years it looks like there has been less movement in the waiting lists unfortunately. But even if she doesn't make it she is very clever with a supportive Mum so there's an excellent chance she will be successful wherever she goes. My daughter has been in a comprehensive since start of y8 and predicted all 9s except 3 x 8s over 10 GCSEs and one level 3 (AS level) predicted an A. I think the teaching isn't quite as good apart from Maths which is better at her school but she has an hour less journey a day (now just a 5 to 10 min walk versus 45 mins each way before) so she can study / be with friends.
Sophia

Post by Sophia »

Hi Bananas,
Thank you for taking your time to explain that. Really appreciate it. The WL position has gone up yet again by 1 and my DD is now on WL-13.
I did look at the previous posts and it is hard to ascertain what will happen this year. Unfortunately, not many students got through last year from the WL. I’m just hoping that it starts to go down.
Bananas

Post by Bananas »

I just looked back and my post on 19 April says gone up 1 to 14 on list. We got offered around open days in July. But started at 25. About 5 got in after me by first week of September and then another 2 in first year but one was end of year. I think that 1 was the first time it was up so 12 places from the waiting list offered by next week. Hope you get an offer.
Sophia

Post by Sophia »

Will have to wait and see. Thank you Bananas and good luck to your daughter in her forthcoming exams.