Moving within Redbridge while on waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nikxor

Moving within Redbridge while on waiting list

Post by nikxor »

Respected members of the Redbridge forum,

My DD is on the waiting list for Woodford county high school and we are renting at the moment. But we found a great home within Redbridge we would want to move to by end of June. The new home is a bit closer to the school but that is just a coincidence and it's not something we had in mind when choosing the home.
Will this affect my DD's place in the waiting list at Woodford? I read somewhere that address changes are treated as late applications and we are worried because of this.

Please advise!

Thanks and regards,
Nik
hermanmunster

Re: Moving within Redbridge while on waiting list

Post by hermanmunster »

Looking at the Redbridge Grammar School allocations, the places are awarded in the catchment area by score - so the waiting list should also be based on score not distance. Are both the properties in the catchment? If they are then moving shouldn't make any difference (though worth speaking to LEA), if you are moving into catchment then that might be a different matter and more complex.

d. other children living in the Common Catchment Area, ranked according to the total
standardised score in overall order of merit;
e. children living outside the Common Catchment Area, ranked according to the total
standardised score in overall order of merit.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

The whole of LBs Redbridge and Waltham Forest - plus a few bits of Essex and I think LB Barking and Dagenham tacked on round the edges at some point (possibly after a legal challenge) - are within the Common Catchment Area for the Redbridge grammar schools. So if the move is just from one part of Redbridge to another, there is no problem. You do need to let Redbridge Admissions know that you have moved, though.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
nikxor

Post by nikxor »

Thanks a lot @ToadMum and @hermanmunster for your replies. That's such a relief! Yes, both our current address and the new one are within the LB of Redbridge. We would definitely notify the LB of Redbridge admissions when we move.

Thanks again for your feedback.

~ Nik
arifa130

Post by arifa130 »

Hi Nik

Just a question - has there been any movement on the Woodford County waiting lists - my DD is on the Ilford one and from the date of release of the waiting list and there has been NO movement - I am beginning to give up now

Do you know how the lists work historically?
nikxor

Post by nikxor »

No, we are stuck at the same position since March, no movement at all. In some other threads, the observation is that some movement might happen after/during the ICHS/WCHS induction day (around June 30th) as parents decide to give up the grammar school seat finally in favour of a better private school. But there are no guarantees.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now