Redbridge NVR

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Chai

Redbridge NVR

Post by Chai »

Hello all

What books do you use to prepare for Redbridge NVR?

VR - I am going to stick with Nfer 21 types.

NVR remains a mystery and I would appreciate some help on this.

Many thanks for this new section too - it's great!
KP

Post by KP »

VR:
I found techniques by Susan J. Daughtrey very useful. Once they have practiced all the techniques then we used the following:
NFER test papers (A,B,C,D,Practice Test 1 provided by CSSE), Athey, Bright Sparks, Tutors e-Papers, BOND test papers, Walsh, CGP.

BOND is not completely based on NFER style but it does complement in terms of new questions and vocabulary.

NVR:
AE Publication is a very good book for learning all the types. Apart from these we used the following:
NFER test papers (A,B,C,D), AFN,Bond Assessment papers 3,4,5 and Bond Test papers. I did buy IPS but would not suggest buying it because there are many questions that has double answers and this causes confusion to the child.

With NVR it's very little choice available.

I hope this helps.
Chai

Post by Chai »

Thanks KP. Sorry I didn't thank u earlier. I didn't think anyone would reply and so did not return to check the questions I posted until now.

But I guess this new section means parents who are interested or those with experience will be more aware of questions relating to Redbridge 11+. I think your response shows this section is really effective.

Thank you to Admin too!
mw

Thanks for sharing

Post by mw »

Thanks for all your posts. My dd is going to do 11+ next year, so your sharing of experience will be useful for me.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now