Bancroft or Forest !! Can anyone comment ??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Minou

Bancroft or Forest !! Can anyone comment ??

Post by Minou »

Hello,
We have a dilemma ! Bancroft or Forest !! :?
Our DD has been offered a place for both these schools and now are completely confused! We actually did not expect to receive a place for either and had already mentally prepared for a NS indepen but she has surprised us!!
Can anyone give any pointers on how to choose ? Or even better any any parents give real experience from either of these schools. Would really be grateful ...
Thanks
kooldudess

Post by kooldudess »

What a great problem you have!!

Both are great schools. Both have great facilities and results to match :D

Friend's DD goes to Bancrofts and she absolutely loves it there, friend is very happy with the school as well.

Good luck!
quest4gs

Post by quest4gs »

This is an easy one for me. I would choose Bancroft over Forest school. Very impressed with Bancroft when visiting open day. If similar distance from your home to both school. I will choose Bancroft.
quest4gs

Post by quest4gs »

Hi Minou, Have u made a decision yet? Good luck!!
Minou

Post by Minou »

Hi Quest4gs,

Today is my D-Day for me! We are going for Forest as think this will suit our DD. At the back of my head I still have doubts about Bancrofts ...the end-results and lovely building not to mention the name itself. But I dont want to end up in a race to see who gets the best results and being at the top of the class !! I want DD to enjoy her education and have fun at the same time!! The two environments are very different and feel Forest will be a little more individual.
Hope I have made the decision ......... :roll:
quest4gs

Post by quest4gs »

Minou wrote:Hi Quest4gs,

Today is my D-Day for me! We are going for Forest as think this will suit our DD. At the back of my head I still have doubts about Bancrofts ...the end-results and lovely building not to mention the name itself. But I dont want to end up in a race to see who gets the best results and being at the top of the class !! I want DD to enjoy her education and have fun at the same time!! The two environments are very different and feel Forest will be a little more individual.
Hope I have made the decision ......... :roll:
Hi Minou, You know your DD best and you are the only one who can make the best decisions. I am sure your choice is wise! Go for it and wish your DD all the best! Forest is a very good school too! It is down to personal choice and which school you feel best suited for your DD. 8) :lol: 8) :lol:
muffinmonster

Post by muffinmonster »

Hi Minou - I was interested to see what you would do. Based on my own visits to and what I've heard from other parents, I would agree with your assessments of the two schools. Congratulations! I'm sure your daughter will be very happy at Forest - it's a lovely school.
Minou

Post by Minou »

Hello ..... I can relax now (well I hope).

I have given our all important letter of acceptance to FOREST so no going back now!

We definitely feel we have choosen the right school for DD and hope she will enjoy and do well at this school! Hope in the future will have more positive things to write about the school and tell other parents who may have the same dilemma in the future .......

Would like to say a Big Thanks You to ...muffinmonster, quest4gs, TP123 babes etc for all their comments!
babes

Post by babes »

Hi Minuo

I think you have made the right choice, wishing your DD and you all the best. I did the deed and called Forest, Chigwell & Bancrofts today told them DD will attending Woodford.

I hope DD continues to excell and enjoy school. Do hope she makes some nice friends which I think is really important.

Will miss this forum.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

babes wrote: Will miss this forum.
Don't leave then! :D Seriously .....there are loads of threads on starting year 7 ,yr 9 options etc, not to mention internet dangers, teenage hormones etc.
I first lurked 3 years ago and am still here. :oops: