Change in setup for Redbridge 11+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
muffinmonster

Change in setup for Redbridge 11+

Post by muffinmonster »

Have just been to an open evening at Ilford County High and the headmaster mentioned in his talk that the 11+ exam for Redbridge will be on Monday 20 December this year.

This is quite a change as until now the tests have been held over two weekends, one in December and one in January, with a choice of Saturday or Sunday being offered.

There have been persistent rumours that some tutors took advantage by quizzing those who sat the tests on Saturdays in order to help those who were going to sit them on Sunday.

I notice, though, that the Supplementary Information Form still asks you to tick a box to say whether you have any religious objection to sitting the tests on either Saturday or Sunday.

Anyone able to throw any light on this?
mpet

Re: Change in setup for Redbridge 11+

Post by mpet »

I was also present at the open day and was equally surprised by the exam date. The headteacher clearly mentioned a single date and gave no indication about another date. I looked up the redbridge website, but there is nothing mentioned there. Hopefully, things will be clear in the next few days.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

maybe the forms are just a copy of previous years..... I remember the problems from last year - reckon moving it to a weekday is better for all. Many areas use a weekday and manage it fine. Often have to use a Hall away from the school but on the other hand in area can kids do the test in their own schools
babes

Post by babes »

Hi all, I think this is a much needed change in the Redbridge 11 plus system and this decision probably comes due to recent press releases and speculation that some tutors have abused the 2 day systme resulting in the Sunday children having an obvious advantage. I am glad that Redbridge did finally listen to all those parents who complained to what happended last year.
As a parent of a DD who passed last year and a son who will be taking the exam in a couple of years I am pleased both papers will be taken in one day. Less pressure on the children and everything is over in one day, just like the Essex exam.
Just pray that one day Redbridge will discard the NVR paper and replace with English and Maths. :D
muffinmonster

Post by muffinmonster »

Have just checked the Redbridge website and it's confirmed - 11+ test on a single day, Monday 20th December. Just what we need to distract us from all the stress of Christmas! :roll:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now