Results 2012

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Wellwisher

Re: Results

Post by Wellwisher »

Proud-mummy wrote:Hello Everyone,

My DD also scored 234 and ranked 101. So it is definite that they have different ranks for children with the the same score. I think it must be distances that decide on the ranking as we don't live that close to the school. I think the letter is very confusing and complicated, I dont't understand why they cannot make it simple and state that if your child rank within 120 and that you live in the catchment area and want to come to this school, you have definately secured a place. Instead they make it so complicated that make everyone worry unneccesarily and as parent I would want to assure my child that she has got a place, not "we are still not 100% sure and have to wait until march"!

I just want to share our throughts and hope this information is useful.
Good luck for the application! :D
The letter has been written as such since there will be quite a lot of appeals and the LA has to ensure that they have not given any false hopes etc However looking at the scores that have been posted; there have been 4 DDs that have score 234 and ranked 96th, 97th, 100th and 101. Therefore if you are ranked 120th, you have definitely secured a place.
Well done to your DD
RI25

Post by RI25 »

Wellwisher wrote:
Proud-mummy wrote:Hello Everyone,

My DD also scored 234 and ranked 101. So it is definite that they have different ranks for children with the the same score. I think it must be distances that decide on the ranking as we don't live that close to the school. I think the letter is very confusing and complicated, I dont't understand why they cannot make it simple and state that if your child rank within 120 and that you live in the catchment area and want to come to this school, you have definately secured a place. Instead they make it so complicated that make everyone worry unneccesarily and as parent I would want to assure my child that she has got a place, not "we are still not 100% sure and have to wait until march"!

I just want to share our throughts and hope this information is useful.
Good luck for the application! :D
The letter has been written as such since there will be quite a lot of appeals and the LA has to ensure that they have not given any false hopes etc However looking at the scores that have been posted; there have been 4 DDs that have score 234 and ranked 96th, 97th, 100th and 101. Therefore if you are ranked 120th, you have definitely secured a place.
Well done to your DD

Hi Wellwisher,

Just to clarify rank 96 was for my DS (age is a factor used in calculating the standardised score).
Mob

Post by Mob »

hi all
my dd got results rank 107 score 233..
letter is as you all find very confusing saying its neither refusal nor an offer dont know where we stand :?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Mob wrote:hi all
my dd got results rank 107 score 233..
letter is as you all find very confusing saying its neither refusal nor an offer dont know where we stand :?
The 11+ is an assessment of suitability for selective secondary education, not an application for a place at a given school; this can only be done by naming the school on the CAF of your local authority. The LA co-ordinates admissions to state schools, including grammars. The 11+ result letter should include enough information for you to be able to decide whether or not to apply for a selective place, e.g. if the PAN for the school is 100 and your child is ranked 75th, assuming that they have also met any minimum score or other criteria, then it would be more or less certain that a place would be offered if you put the school on your CAF :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
inam

Post by inam »

hi everyone. my friends dd rank is 132 but she scored 229 according to the letter the borough send 220 is the breaking up point. if anyone knows someone with the same score please share the ranks it would be great help to decide where she stands. thanks
RAB321

Post by RAB321 »

To be honest - either I was really niave or the new changes are not fair.

I regret putting my son through this process. He passed but that doesnt necessarily mean he will be given a place...so what was the point of all those months and months of torment for??
secondtimer

Post by secondtimer »

Rasdah, there are no PASS scores, the ranking positions are the crucial factor in determining whether your child gets a place or not.

Unfortunately, my DS scored a shocking 191 and was ranked 500+. We dont know what happened there, especially as elder DS scored 256 last year.
natashasmum

Post by natashasmum »

Our DD has just returned home to tell me that she heard that 90 children had not taken the exam due to illness and that they will sit the exam at a later date. This was from one of the kids at her school mind but if true our DD 100 rank could well come under threat. No info on the breakdown on boys or girls. Of course it goes without saying that the council have decided to literally take the phone off the hook on this the most important and worrying day for parents queries. All I want to ask is if this is true. Has anyone else heard about this?
vijay4matt

Post by vijay4matt »

mum=worry wrote:Hi first time post.
My daughter has scored 230. From the letter which includes some jargon I understand 225 is needed to secure a Woodford place. She is ranked 123 I know there are only 120 places. Is 230 score plus rank 123 enough any wise words from anybody? wonder what the score for Woodford rank 1 is just out of curiosity. I hope everyone has understood their letters easily. Good luck to all those still waiting.

Hi My DD also scored 230*. Her Ranked 126.....

I think about More than 8 pupils at the same score..

hope everyone should get in.......

:D :D :D :D :D :D
vijay4matt

Post by vijay4matt »

natashasmum wrote:Our DD has just returned home to tell me that she heard that 90 children had not taken the exam due to illness and that they will sit the exam at a later date. This was from one of the kids at her school mind but if true our DD 100 rank could well come under threat. No info on the breakdown on boys or girls. Of course it goes without saying that the council have decided to literally take the phone off the hook on this the most important and worrying day for parents queries. All I want to ask is if this is true. Has anyone else heard about this?

I also really want to find out what are they going to do??????

They made a big mistake release the Rank now. They should have been waited until they taken the exam and Released the Rank???????
:( :( :(