Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Booya

Which papers or CDs to use from this forum for VR & NVR

Post by Booya »

Hi all,

My first post on this forum.

I've started to help my daughter prepare for her 11+ exam (i.e. for Woodford County - Redbridge) and would appreciate some advice:

1) Can you please let me know which example test papers or CDs to purchase/download for the VR & NVR exams

2) Has anyone prepared a home made time table that they can publish that would help plan a study routine.

I've only recently started preparation and am using the 'Tutors Verbal Reasoning Method & Technique Course ' pdf as a guide

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
chad

Post by chad »

HI Booya

Welcome to the forum...
firstly have you looked at the advice given on the home page re revision
see link.. http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/freque ... stions.php

and browse down sections on left of page.

I am not from Essex so I don't know what board sets the exam for Woodford County. I will have a surf and see if I can find anything..

Will post back later..
chad

Post by chad »

This was posted last year..

AZURRI said
If my daughter had to do it all over again I would have prepared her for the tests much earlier.She started in September and I guess by many peoples standards it was too late.
We were advised to use the bond books and nfer nelson which is closest to the actual tests.I think you can also download some other papers on this site which are close to the nfer nelson test format.Click on the E-Papers at the top right hand columnto find out.
and
The VR test is multiple choice and there were 90 questions in the test to be answered in 90 mins.
The NVR test is also multiple choice with 75 questions which are answered in sections.I can't remember the precise time that you had to answer in the sections but I think it was about 8 to 9mins.

Having said all this.The borough can be clever and set out a different format for the 2007 tests,so please don't rely soley on the info I have given you.
It looks like NFER Nelson - multiple choice is the format
Booya

Which papers or CDs to use from this forum for VR & NVR

Post by Booya »

Many thanks for your advice.

Will go through the pages in question.

Also, as mentioned in my first post, If anyone does have a good time table they can publish, i.e. one they used throughout the year to spread the learning, that would be much appreciated.
shah

Post by shah »

hi booya,
my daughter is currently sitting the woodford tests. she has the VB next weekend - eek!
what year is your daughter currently in.
my advice to you would be to use the First aid book (antonyms, synonyms). also download the free downloads from here especially the compound word list.
also the cd's from this site are a godsend.
if you need any further advice pls pm me

good luck
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now