2014 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

KhadijahA-R

Re: 2014 entry

Post by KhadijahA-R »

How is everyone getting on?
Good I hope :)
My ds really loves doing the practice papers, and wants to do them constantly. :D
I hope he doesn't lose momentum or motivation, hoping he doesn't burn out. The past two days he has been doing around two hours a day, I'm a bit worried this may be too much, but he insists :?
Reh

Post by Reh »

Hi has anyone heard about change to Redbridge exam in 2014. Replacing the standard format with CEM???
KhadijahA-R

Post by KhadijahA-R »

Reh wrote:Hi has anyone heard about change to Redbridge exam in 2014. Replacing the standard format with CEM???
I haven't heard anything, but wouldn't be surprised since WCHS have changed their 11+.
I think Redbridge would administer the same test within the LA, wouldn't they?
:?:
KhadijahA-R

Post by KhadijahA-R »

KhadijahA-R wrote:
Reh wrote:Hi has anyone heard about change to Redbridge exam in 2014. Replacing the standard format with CEM???
I haven't heard anything, but wouldn't be surprised since WCHS have changed their 11+.
I think Redbridge would administer the same test within the LA, wouldn't they?
:?:
Actually, scratch that, I don't know. :roll:
Will have to wait until April, I think. Although if there are any major changes, they should have announced it by now, surely.
Reh

Post by Reh »

A friend of mine spoke to her daughters tutor and he told her they would announce the changes in june. Hope it does not change just got my daughter familiar with all the types for vr and nvr. now working through questions for practice and extras.
Khadijah what kind of a timetable do you have for after school? for vr/nvr and maths and english etc?
KhadijahA-R

Post by KhadijahA-R »

Reh wrote:A friend of mine spoke to her daughters tutor and he told her they would announce the changes in june. Hope it does not change just got my daughter familiar with all the types for vr and nvr. now working through questions for practice and extras.
Khadijah what kind of a timetable do you have for after school? for vr/nvr and maths and english etc?
Hi, we are doing around half an hour of VR, half hour NVR.
Maths and english is on alternate days, around half an hour.
I am trying to gently get ds to the point of concentrating for 50 minutes per sitting. He reads regularly for a couple of hours at a time, as a leisure activity, is currently reading anything by Michael Morpurgo.
KhadijahA-R

Post by KhadijahA-R »

This is a very quiet forum..........
Six months to go, when is everyone going to start proper practice papers?
I have started some 30 minute ones, and I'm thinking of starting the 50 minute test papers around June. We have Ramadhan in july, so I will be ramping everything up in August for a couple of weeks. I don't want to be left with cramming though, so will just have no change for July, should be ok because it is during school holidays anyway so no homework to do.
How is everyone else doing?
LittleMissMama

Post by LittleMissMama »

Hi,

I am really nervous about the exam.....more than my daughter it seems!!
I was unsure how soon should practice papers be attempted? Is anyone taking their child to any mock exams?

My greatest fear is if my child doesnt get into Woodford then what are the 'better' comprehensives to go to? Is anyone el in the same predicament?

My daughter attends tuition twice a week and I currently give her VR and NVR over the weekends to do but obviously need to step that up a gear.

Love to hear from other parents.
Its reassuring to know that there are others out there experiencing the same thing!!!
KhadijahA-R

Post by KhadijahA-R »

LittleMissMama wrote:Hi,

I am really nervous about the exam.....more than my daughter it seems!!
I was unsure how soon should practice papers be attempted? Is anyone taking their child to any mock exams?

My greatest fear is if my child doesnt get into Woodford then what are the 'better' comprehensives to go to? Is anyone el in the same predicament?

My daughter attends tuition twice a week and I currently give her VR and NVR over the weekends to do but obviously need to step that up a gear.

Love to hear from other parents.
Its reassuring to know that there are others out there experiencing the same thing!!!
Hi LittleMissMama :)
I am nervous about the exam too, I tried to explain to ds that is in September so no long. To which he replied"So 5 months then....that is lots of time" :lol:
The dreaded hayfever has started again, which has surprised me considering it doens't really feel like hayfever weather. I had better get all his medication sorted out on repeat prescription, I don't want him to suffer with that :( Last year he had two trips to a+e with it, so hoping to avoid that this year, hoping for a rainy August and September :oops: :lol:
As far as comprehensives go, there are some decent ones in Redbridge, if that is where you are, especially Valentines and Seven Kings, although they are heavily over-subscribed every year. The school situation in Redbridge is pretty dire as far as the amount of school places is concerned, but they are great schools.
Hope everything is going ok for everyone, and mostly, lets concentrate on keeping our precious children happy 8) :D
KhadijahA-R

Post by KhadijahA-R »

Wow, my ds would have a fab time correcting all of my grammatical errors on that post :lol: :lol: :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now