Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Fat pigeon

The Infamous Last Month CRAZY CRASH!

Post by Fat pigeon »

IT'S HAPPENED!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

3 out of 8 on easy questions, whilst getting 6/8 on really trying ones :|

Reversion to the bad habits of 6 months ago, cruising, relying on natural ability & rocket fast. No thought just quick choice between the correct one & a near miss, then closing eyes & choosing the wrong.

There is no point speeding through getting difficult ones correct & throwing away bulk easy marks. Every mark matters now.

I feel :evil: , every last bit of patience needs to be squeezed out now, before I don't just become a helicopter parent hovering above relentlessly - remember the Devil's chariot from Rambo :evil: ?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghh
The good guys always win in the end - Up, up & away...
KhadijahA-R

Re: The Infamous Last Month CRAZY CRASH!

Post by KhadijahA-R »

Ahh, don't worry probably just an off day. At least the shock of getting easy questions wrong should pull her back onto track.
My ds has gone a step further and decided that reading the question was unnecessary and just looking at the example gave him all the info he needed...Que, an entire section wrong, as he marked all the ones with most similar meaning instead of opposite........ :lol:
Tabassum101

Post by Tabassum101 »

In the same boat. My one is in such a rush (why I do not know) that he is skipping questions :? .

I am taking him out to the park for cycling or tennis to relax. Mine is very outdoorsy and loves running around. His cricket is also a good outlet for him.

Tabs.
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

I think I have got to the bottom of this.
We are pushing for accuracy & speed, ever upwards. Unfortunately a human being is not a machine & imbalances occur, one at the expense of another.
Riding a bike analogy may be appropriate & leaning to the left may require a correction by sudden leaning to the right. The problem is over correction & losing balance crashing.

The poor children are obedient exhausted not arguing & flying like robots. They can't stop but they are now almost mindless machines with a bit of human frailty. Something has to give. So, it is accuracy of mental processing, because speed has become second nature.

They won't stop until we "parents" care enough for them to switch the off switch. Love yourself & your family, switch off once in 24 hours!
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Fat pigeon wrote:IT'S HAPPENED!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

3 out of 8 on easy questions, whilst getting 6/8 on really trying ones :|

Reversion to the bad habits of 6 months ago, cruising, relying on natural ability & rocket fast. No thought just quick choice between the correct one & a near miss, then closing eyes & choosing the wrong.

There is no point speeding through getting difficult ones correct & throwing away bulk easy marks. Every mark matters now.

I feel :evil: , every last bit of patience needs to be squeezed out now, before I don't just become a helicopter parent hovering above relentlessly - remember the Devil's chariot from Rambo :evil: ?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghh
Thank you that is so how I feel. Keep thinking it would be so much easier to give up! Trying to keep going :shock:
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

Welcome Essex cousin :D . The forum members are a godsend, as we are not islands & need to know that we are not suffering a unique trial. This is where we can see the best of human nature & the worst. It is an aberration in our family lives, an extreme period.

What doesn't kill u makes u stronger as the saying goes.

Paradoxically & counter-intuitively the cure is saying, I do not give a darn, & let your dcs & yourself have wild, whoo hoo, day, or half days off, u rebel :twisted: , put that hard rock on & loosen, be silly.

My dd also didn't read the questions & in the middle arbitrarily decided that instead of antonyms, she was doing synonyms :shock: looks like freaky weather a'goin' on thar in 11+ countdown land!
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Fat pigeon wrote:Welcome Essex cousin :D . The forum members are a godsend, as we are not islands & need to know that we are not suffering a unique trial. This is where we can see the best of human nature & the worst. It is an aberration in our family lives, an extreme period.

What doesn't kill u makes u stronger as the saying goes.

Paradoxically & counter-intuitively the cure is saying, I do not give a darn, & let your dcs & yourself have wild, whoo hoo, day, or half days off, u rebel :twisted: , put that hard rock on & loosen, be silly.

My dd also didn't read the questions & in the middle arbitrarily decided that instead of antonyms, she was doing synonyms :shock: looks like freaky weather a'goin' on thar in 11+ countdown land!
:D :D it is so sad how hard it is to take a day off :lol:
My dd had all weekend off as dh and I went to V Festival and I left nana with a NVR paper for her, just incase dd felt the need! Needless to say no NVR was attempted.

We are practising codes :? Tomorrow for an hour or so and then I am giving up for the day, friend has invited her round for the afternoon :D

So glad for this forum, nice to find we are all going through the same thing :wink:

Albert Einstein
baffled

Post by baffled »

hey all - less than 2 weeks left and then whoooohooooo part ayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! or more like crash out like an old fogie and never wish to see another 11+ paper again!!! well until the next sibling!!! its got so 11+ fever in the house that even my 2 yr old who is just learning to speak was babbling 'non verbal!' lollllll i thought redbridge parents were study/tuition mad when i first moved here and my dd has confirmed i too have become like them!!!!

roll on monday 3rd - all we can do now is lots of practise of writing multiple choice as i found that dd sometimes marks the wrong box when she has circled the right answer on her question paper!!!arghhhhh can only breath very deeply and pray she concentrates................

keep going guys the end is near :?
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

baffled wrote:hey all - less than 2 weeks left and then whoooohooooo part ayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! or more like crash out like an old fogie and never wish to see another 11+ paper again!!! well until the next sibling!!! its got so 11+ fever in the house that even my 2 yr old who is just learning to speak was babbling 'non verbal!' lollllll i thought redbridge parents were study/tuition mad when i first moved here and my dd has confirmed i too have become like them!!!!

roll on monday 3rd - all we can do now is lots of practise of writing multiple choice as i found that dd sometimes marks the wrong box when she has circled the right answer on her question paper!!!arghhhhh can only breath very deeply and pray she concentrates................

keep going guys the end is near :?
:lol: :lol: we had that with an NVR paper this week. I asked dd what she was doing in a certain type of question as she had got a whole section wrong. Conversation went something like - "What do you think this one should be?", dd: "Oh it is C", me:"yes it is so why did you put B?", "Did I......?"
Next question "What do you think this one should be?", dd: "Oh it is D", me:"yes it is so why did you put B?", "Did I......?"
As you can guess this went on for the whole section, just had written down the wrong answer, aaaagh!

We have 3 more weeks until the first one now - September 14th as from the other Essex Section doing CEM for CCHS and standard for WHSG :shock:

So feeling the pressure and stress :cry:

Albert Einstein
KhadijahA-R

Post by KhadijahA-R »

Well, now my ds has taken to casually walking around half way through the paper, and then breezily exclaiming "I will still finish on time, just chill out"
Seriously, I don't know what he will do next :roll:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now