The Infamous Last Month CRAZY CRASH!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Araucana girl

Re: The Infamous Last Month CRAZY CRASH!

Post by Araucana girl »

We had a maths session this morning. Dd just couldn't accept that the sign changes when you move a figure to the other side of the equals sign, this is after solving a simple equation that required her to do just that.

My hair is just getting greyer and greyer!
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

AG I know it's a real rollercoaster, sometimes one just has to breathe deeply & walk away, interspersing regular mini breaks, allowing the kids "up for air".

This has made a big difference to our dc, even though she has good mental stamina. In these last 2 weeks, I have noticed Tigger looking at times barely awake with dark circles around the eyes. At night dc is agitated & talking in her sleep.I made sure she had an afternoon playing with her toys in the garden for an hour. But we Dps looked through the window with guilt, a lump in the throat & tears, asking "Is it worth it?" :cry:

Moral: plan your regular breaks beforehand.

As u Essex guys follow us, u can learn from the experiences of us in Essex-Redbridge.
The good guys always win in the end - Up, up & away...
KhadijahA-R

Post by KhadijahA-R »

It's the last week :twisted: :twisted:
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Fat pigeon wrote:
As u Essex guys follow us, u can learn from the experiences of us in Essex-Redbridge.
Will be dropping in regularly - this is such a rollercoaster.

Wishing you all a really productive but calm last week. Our dcs have all worked so hard, they can only do their best in the end and if the results are not quite as we hope then maybe there is a reason for it - you are meant to take a different path and that path, for some reason or another, is better for you :D Hard to go with, but....

Wishing that we all get the results we desire :D
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
baffled

Post by baffled »

hmmmmmm and yes have come to terms that whatever the result is, life goes on and at least our children have picked up some useful knowledge?!?!

have realised that not much can change now, just keep them energised and happy!!!was telling hubby how my once round fresh faced dd has got dark under eyes and a slimmer face - feeling guilty but at the same time in the back of my mind i know its temporary and its just the beginning of her journey of study and testing!!! after all if they do get into the school they will have to do a CAT's test to determine what levels they will be in so another year of prep! ok me thinking too much right now :P

thanks to this forum, its reassuring having like minded parents on board.......
one week exactly and still to do a dummy run to test location. hang in there guys and gals and all is for the best - :D
KhadijahA-R

Post by KhadijahA-R »

I am wondering how ds is going to get up on time, he has become accustomed to lying in until around 10.30 am. Will have to wake him up at 8am from tomorow :twisted:
KhadijahA-R

Post by KhadijahA-R »

2 MORE SLEEPS!
:shock: :shock:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now