Countdown Begins - Friday 11th October 2013

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

baffled

Re: Countdown Begins - Friday 11th October 2013

Post by baffled »

hey all - and yikes!!! didnt realise it was coming that soon but that means only a week or so to put down our choices right? have not even checked if they have opened up site to put our school options application -

oh well shall start counting down with u all!!
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

It's the LAST 7 Days!

Baffled - I am taking 1 step at a time, because the result has been invested with too much extra baggage. It is difficult for me to fill the form in now, before the semi-final score.

Cello - I am dreading the actual opening & finding out, though I want greater certainty. My face will give it away & i can't hide my feelings. A family group finding out together is probably the best option for me, but who exactly, i don't know. Imagine, dc opening it & getting a definite out of the game result :shock: . Perhaps a dp should man up & do the deed?

My legs are jelly.
The good guys always win in the end - Up, up & away...
KhadijahA-R

Post by KhadijahA-R »

7 days, wow, it has come round rather too fast hasn't it?
I intend to skulk off somewhere and open the envelope, and then tell ds when I have digested the result enough to put on a brave show, or tamed down my excitement if he does get in. Strange, how I have mostly mentally prepared myself for the first option. The second didn't even occur to me until now. :oops:
Ever the pessimist :lol:
eastern

Post by eastern »

The final lap is fast approaching and even DS has now come out of hibernation since the exams finished.The questions of if's or what's and knowing results are on their way.
Even recalling the moments again of that Monday morning in September.

It was a lovely autumn day today and we sat down this evening with DS to emphasis with him that regardless of what happens he has tried his best.
Proud of him in that he worked hard during the tough hot summer days and didn't complain with the workload.

Latymer results will follow the following week and choices with local schools to be made on Caf form.

I shall post my DS full results on here as it will just help other parents to get a indication of their own DS chances.
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

IT'S THE LAST WEEK, 4 Days Left!

We too will post our results in order to complete our larger aim to foster small positive steps for a better world e.g. avoid being selfish, without harming ourselves in the process. I just hope it is "do-able" if the result is a "not 1st choice, but a good 2nd alternative" :wink: .

I've got to mention some heroic past posters who gave comprehensive results in order to assist future generations, like ourselves, though things did not go their way :cry: :arrow: tomcat & zakira.

The most beneficial scores are the borderlines as they give approximate (historical) cut-offs.

The fullest results include the following candidate specific information:

NVR (RAW)
NVRSS (STANDARDISED SCORE)
VR (RAW)
VRSS (STANDARDISED SCORE)
TSS (TOTAL STANDARDISED SCORE)
RANK
BIRTH MONTH
The good guys always win in the end - Up, up & away...
su1920

Post by su1920 »

Pass mark (raw scores)

VR - 82/90?
NVR -68/75?

Any thoughts as this year paper seemed very easy??
Hopefuldad

Post by Hopefuldad »

su1920 wrote:Pass mark (raw scores)

VR - 82/90?
NVR -68/75?

Any thoughts as this year paper seemed very easy??
Are you having a laugh!!!!

those scores represent 91.1% and 90.6%, if thats the passmark then we're out. Good luck to you all
cello

Post by cello »

Su1920: how do you know this year's paper was easy? 8)
su1920

Post by su1920 »

This is through inquiry of children and discussions with my DC only. You never know until you receive the results - Saturday/Monday?

Good luck to all.
eastern

Post by eastern »

Those marks will possibly be the top 50 hitting 90%...anything around 85%-90% should be in with a shout.

The exam wasn't easy in parts but DS expected the NVR to be more tougher
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now