Countdown Begins - Friday 11th October 2013

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Rainbow Petals

Re: Countdown Begins - Friday 11th October 2013

Post by Rainbow Petals »

Fat pigeon wrote:Wow eastern u guys are just about to cross the finishing line, fantastic work to have battled so long for life's chances. I am sure that we all are here supporting our fellow forum regular :D !

My journey has begun & ended with my dd, but after the rest, guess what, masochistically imagining that yes, I could well imagine doing it again :P .
Life is goooood, thank God.

With regard to the excellent back up Lbr schools, can a Beal catchment area dc apply to another area such as Valentines or Seven Kings? I don't understand how that can be if catchment areas exist?

Best of luck, eastern family :wink:
I don't think you can be in more than one catchment area for a particular school
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

3 WEEKS LEFT!
The good guys always win in the end - Up, up & away...
cello

Post by cello »

You're right they will post out the results in three weeks but out here in deepest chigwell they seem to have dispensed with a weekend postal service! We are geared up for a damp squib Saturday 12 October to be on the safe side.
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

2 WEEKS LEFT!

I will have to check whether we receive an e-mail notification on the Friday, as well as the letters being posted out :? .
cello

Post by cello »

When I have trawled through posts from previous years I am sure it said that it's by post only in Redbridge. I can't face doing that again :lol: but that was definitely the impression I got. Only Redbridge HQ will know and I don't want to get the 'deranged mother' treatment from them. :lol:
eastern

Post by eastern »

ahh nice to see you all on here again.....was getting a bit quite.

I'am sure we will all be back here on the 14th and hoping all our DC get the results they deserve to get a place.It would be wonderful if all those regulars on here who have contributed and helped see their children succeed in this year's exams.

Nerves starting to kick in......14 days and counting
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

It's October & 10 Days Left!

Ditto eastern, heartbeat racing just a bit with tightness of breath when i ponder the whole journey, though i am at peace with regard to the back up. I also have enjoyed the camaraderie & truly wish that all the regulars achieve what is the hidden best for them in the long run.

With regard to the 11+,
Based on snippets of historical data, (& with the caveat that past info. Isn't necessarily a guaranteed indicator of future results), a Standardised mark of 330 is probably where we can begin to heave a sigh of relief :shock: .

Anecdotally, also a past dp said that around half the entrants are not "serious" entrants, take that whatever way u want.

Countdown, 10...
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

Sorry :oops: > I hope that I didn't give anyone a heart attack :wink:

I meant 230 & not the impossible 330!
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

Yep, i just checked & can confirm that from Friday 11th 2013, letters will be posted out & that there is no email notification.

Now the question arises, who will open the letter & when, Dps or Dcs, any thoughts & reasoning?
cello

Post by cello »

I have told my dd that we should expect letter on Monday 14. This means I will be the only one watching the letterbox on Saturday. I want to open the letter and digest the results. Previous dps have complained that the letter is complicated so I want to read it carefully and compose myself if necessary.

I will obviously tell dd the result immediately and if she hasn't got in I think that the message that we are proud of her for all her hard work etc etc will sound better from a calm parent rather than a red faced one with a pounding heart :lol:

That's the plan though no doubt dd will be passing the letterbox when it arrives and I'll be in the shower!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now