Bancroft vs Woodford county grammer

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Dizzy

Re: Bancroft vs Woodford county grammer

Post by Dizzy »

Thanks kelwaypops. I'll post your reply from the other thread here for everyone else.

"my dd just got a music scholarship for chigwell, we didn't try for bancrofts or wch as neither seem right for dd although i think that both schools will be fantastic, just depends on what dd is like. i think both appear to be similar in that they lean completely towards results/academic side of things. tricky as yes, wch would be free BUT i have done alot of homework on the subject and know for a fact that unless your child is NATURALLY very clever they may well fall behind at wch. a fair few who get in have been tuturored BIG TIME and struggle to keep up once there. at a complete guess, i would think that bancrofts are more likely to have 'some' children who are clever but don't live and breathe it. i wanted dd to go to chigwell as it feels more of an all rounder. i went to the wch open day. i got the impression that most of the students go on to study medical. dd wants to be a journo' and is more into the creative side of things so didn't think she would fit in. i thought the girls (who took us round) seemed very nice. funny thing was that one of them told me she didn't like it there and wished she could go to forest which i thought really funny as she was supposed to be trying to sell us the place. i didn't really know why they had an open day. the place has to be one of the most over subscribed in the country with hundreds upon hundreds trying for one place. bancrofts would be a lovely school. i am worrying about making up the difference at chigwell but think we should be able to do it as she got offered a better scholarship than we had hoped for but still alot of money."
shagor21

Re: Bancroft vs Woodford county grammer

Post by shagor21 »

Hi Dizzy
I am curious - which school did you choose in the end? How is your DD doing there?
I am curious beacuse I have to take similar decision in 10 years time, athough I made one 2 years ago based on another parent's experience.

Thank you.
Shagor21
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now