Redbridge to Henrietta Barnet/QE boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

2Girlsmum

Re: Redbridge to Henrietta Barnet/QE boys

Post by 2Girlsmum »

I meant in terms of marks required. At HBS the odds are 25:1 whilst at Redbridge it's 7:1.
Icepop

Post by Icepop »

Hi, my dd sat the henrietta Barnett exam too, we live in Redbridge but like tp123 is doing keeping all our options open, I am interested in that minibus mentioned in the earlier chats, please pm me costs per term/year etc, and further details on this.
I hear that lots of children have done the route to Chelmsford,westcliff etc all the time.
What would the timings be of this minibus? I would love to know. Thanks in advance
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Icepop wrote:Hi, my dd sat the henrietta Barnett exam too, we live in Redbridge but like tp123 is doing keeping all our options open, I am interested in that minibus mentioned in the earlier chats, please pm me costs per term/year etc, and further details on this.
I hear that lots of children have done the route to Chelmsford,westcliff etc all the time.
What would the timings be of this minibus? I would love to know. Thanks in advance
DC from Ilford / Romford / Barking and various points west do travel to the Chelmsford / Westcliff / Southend grammars - but most of the ones I have come across, at the Southend schools at least, travel by train with onward bus if necessary. Also, if they do go by road, they are travelling 'outwards' and therefore the traffic is lighter in the direction of travel until one hits the local traffic hold-ups.

Re extra-curricular activities / school events - sorry, as a PA sort of person, one of my 'things' - certainly all schools plan some of them at lunchtime rather than or as well as after school, to accommodate pupils with difficult journeys or 'one shot' transport options, but it is very dispiriting to try to arrange events and have very little interest because parents feel that it is too much of a pain for their DC, or them, to participate. After all, many of these things are what help make the schools great, rather than just the ability to get a fab set of public exam results out of a bunch of bright children.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Icepop

Post by Icepop »

Thankyou toadmum for your reply, I totally understand and agree to the importance of extra-curricular activities, would love for my DD to participate, I am taking all of what people say into consideration. What you have suggested has made me want to research more into school timetables etc. thank you :D
Jul04

Post by Jul04 »

TP123 - did you get any more news/info on this ? Wanted to check with you about the travel from Redbridge to QE.

would love to hear from others on travel option from redbridge? We are happy to move but got younger child in school now, So got to think about that too.
Miam

Post by Miam »

HBS round 1 results are in and I'm glad DD made it. I'm interested to know if there is any minibus service from Ilford to Hbs. Can someone please pm to me regarding this. CCHS will be my first choice though as DD has few of her friends applying to that school. Thank you.
WhetstoneDad2

Post by WhetstoneDad2 »

Google "Air Fenella" and ask them if they have a route from Ilford to HBS.It will be very busy traffic at that time in the morning.
Miam

Post by Miam »

Thanks for the suggestion WhetstoneDad2. Will have a look.