Forest v Bancroft's, 7+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
charlotteville

Forest v Bancroft's, 7+

Post by charlotteville »

Apologies if I'm posting on the wrong topic page (the primary page looked more general), but I would really appreciate any advice offered by people who might know these two schools.

My older DD was lucky enough to be offered places by both schools (Yr 3) and we are very keen on Forest, in particular because my younger DD is also due to start there in September (Reception). Both are at a state primary and although we knew our older DD was bored at school and doesn't like going, we've only recently become aware (through feedback from the above schools) how far ahead she is in reading/maths.

I've read on this and other forums that Forest has a reputation for being less academic than Bancroft's (although more all-round, perhaps), and my concern is that I don't want DD to change schools only to repeat her present experience of feeling bored. On the other hand, we have friends whose child went to Bancroft's at 7+, found it hard to be in the top half of the class (because all the others were super-bright), and changed to Forest at 11+.

Thanks for any informed comments which would be very much appreciated.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now