Exam day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Pasta

Exam day

Post by Pasta »

New to the forum, stumbling across this site very late!

Redbridge forum is a little quiet, so wanted to say hello and wish all the girls and boys well for the CEM exam tomorrow.

How are the kids doing, or perhaps how are the parents? We haven't done as much as perhaps we should have over summer, what with summer holiday away and the beautiful weather we have been having, so feelings of 'should have spent a little more time studying' going through our minds, but we are here now.
Smiley :)

Re: Exam day

Post by Smiley :) »

Hi there,

I really hope your child did well today. I'm actually an aunt of candidate, so can't imagine what anxiety you must be feeling. But at least there is relief in knowing it's all over and you've all given it your best shot. To be fair, the holiday probably did your little one the world of good - being refreshed and ready to tackle the beast that is the 11+!

I would just like to make one other point. Having read the posts left in other forums, I must say that I'm baffled by the lack of camaraderie there is here in the "Redbridge" section. The silence isn't conuncidebtal it would seem, instead it's testament to the every growing competitive, cold, unhelpful nature that has defined the cohort of 11+ parents. Sharing a tip here or there, or giving advice.. or even a "hello" will not mean your child has less of chance of success.. if they are going to pass, they will. Surely you can appreciate the agony some parents may go through.. wouldn't you have wanted someone to reach out when you were in their shoes?

Just a thought.
Pasta

Post by Pasta »

Hello Smiley :)

Thank you for asking after my child. They came out happy and unfazed, so that was a good thing, have to wait until results day as their feedback has left me none the wiser!

Thank you also for taking the time out to respond, that is very kind. Sorry my post has come so late, I gave up looking after a while and missed the response somehow?

Yes, it is real shame this section is so quiet and there is no support. Perhaps when results are out we can all share good news, or lessons learnt and to return the goodwill, advice and help that many regular posters take the time to post, ie Toadmum, DAOgroupie and nyr naming a few.

Best wishes to you and best of luck to your neice/nephew
ninanina

Post by ninanina »

I couldn't agree more. I've always wondered why it is so quiet in the Redbridge section. One thing that springs to mind is because it is the same exam on Super Saturday as lots of other schools so perhaps people just find the relevant information in other regions' sections (that would be me for example :). But sadly, I agree that there is a lot of secrecy and competitiveness going on, with parents playing the game more even than the children (or worse still - involving their children in the game).
Pasta

Post by Pasta »

Thanks ninanina, hopefully with results day approaching we can get a thread going to show some support and unity within the redbridge community regardless of DC results.

11plus/secondary school is one of the many hurdles and decisions in education, parents we still have a very long way to go!

Good luck to all families waiting results
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now