CEM results post here 2017

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bananas

Re: CEM results post here 2017

Post by Bananas »

Received this from Redbridge admissions in response to a question. The numbers sitting this year given are much lower than given before though, think in previous u s answers we've been given 2004 sat for both schools for 2017 entry but rest makes sense. I guess some people register but then don't sit test:

Thank you for your email. Following the Schools Adjudicator’s determination in May 2015, we had to test any children whose parents registered from outside the common catchment area in September 2015 for 2016 entry. However, as the decision came out after we had started the registration process and published information, we didn’t see a large increase in registrations in - from 1618 for 2015 admission to 1658 for 2016 across both schools. For 2017 admission we had 1739 children sit the test across both schools. You need to bear in mind that the age cohort for 2016 was larger than the year before and could explain the small increase; the applications for 2017 look similar to last year at this point, which does suggest the increase this year is from out of catchment area applicants.

You asked how many girls achieved the pass mark of 104 and above; 386 girls passed the test. This will allow us to fill the 180 places from the common catchment area applicants and have a reasonable waiting list should places become available in the future.
Norank16

Post by Norank16 »

Thanks Bananas for keeping us updated although it still doesn't make things that much clearer. How many of those 386 girls were ooc I wonder.
Bananas

Post by Bananas »

Surprised they don't know out of catchment registrations but to be fair they've been very good answering endless questions. I was hoping for a clearer answer but its better than nothing though puzzled by the different numbers sitting figures but all other figures are as before.

In adjudicator report I think I calculated it was about 8 percent ooc in previous year for boys (though best to check as it was a while back I read report though its a guessing game anyway). Could be slightly higher now as people know you can sit test. Having said that those people can also move into catchment but doubt many would do that.

Gives a little hope though for those of us on the border. Encouraging applications are currently at a similar level to last year though obviously not reached Oct 31 deadline and don't know distribution of scores this year.
another_one

Post by another_one »

If you don't get allocated a place at a grammar school, do you automatically go on the waiting list or do you have to apply to be added to it?
Bananas

Post by Bananas »

If say you put Woodford first but didn't get allocated it but your child scored over 104 you automatically go on a waiting list until December I think. If you want to stay on after that you have to reapply and I believe 104 limit remains.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

another_one wrote:If you don't get allocated a place at a grammar school, do you automatically go on the waiting list or do you have to apply to be added to it?
Normally, you are either automatically put on the waiting list, or may ask to go on the waiting list, or will be asked if you want to go on the waiting list (depending on how your LA does it) for any school that you ranked higher than the one you were offered. In Southend we are asked to respond or confirm that we have no response to make (e.g. not offered first preference, response = go on waiting list, offered second preference, response = accept etc), or at least, that was the system two years ago.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
another_one

Post by another_one »

Bananas / ToadMum, many thanks for your response.
nsh43

Post by nsh43 »

Thanks bananas for sharing your email reply, if the numbers are the similar to last years, then take a look at this, should throw a little light on the matter;

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ions_for_2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

scroll to the bottom and have look at the attachment if you haven't seen it already.
Bananas

Post by Bananas »

Thanks for that. I can't get the scores to show but maybe as I am on an iPad. My husband has built a model of last year's scores and is getting almost an exact fit and from that he's put us at 253 for this year but trouble is only takes a small percentage to shift things.

I think we still have some hope as previous year last in September was around 256 / 270 ish.

Thanks again.
nsh43

Post by nsh43 »

Have just received email from Redbridge council with the score of all boys who sat for the 11+ exam this year, they have not ranked, this will be done when all applications have been received:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-889602" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know this may not help much,at least it's more info than we had before. Please remember that not all these boys will apply for place or may not get through due to the in catchment rule.

Hope it it helps. :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now