Allocation Day - 01/03/2017

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Raji

Re: Allocation Day - 01/03/2017

Post by Raji »

Congrats to you and your daughter Banana! Is your daughter still showing up in the waiting list or has she been removed from it?

My daughter is 5th in the list. Just curious to know.

Thanks.
Bananas

Post by Bananas »

Golden Jubilee Thank you very much, we are very happy.

Raji She is no longer on the waiting list as of Wednesday. We were showing as 2 on Tuesday. You were 3 behind us before I believe, we were originally 25 and you 28. I've noticed sometimes it takes 2 working days for the list to adjust and its shows next day. So an offer accepted on Tuesday may reduce the list on Friday. If you phone them they have a live position.

On Tuesday I showed as 2 but I phoned and it said offer out but I had got nothing though we live in Essex so it goes from Redbridge to Essex who post. Redbridge just e-mail you if you are there. Someone in Redbridge who got an offer said they had 5 days to accept or decline.

I would guess you are at 3 or lower now. I was scared to miss an offer especially as Essex post and its holiday season soon. I've heard sometimes people don't turn up the first week of September so if you don't hear soon you may get an offer then. I also got Essex to e-mail but once you are close I would phone once a week if not in Redbridge. Hope you get an offer soon.

The school have been really good. Redbridge accepted our acceptance on Tuesday afternoon, they invited us to parents only evening that night at which they had her class and gave her a yellow lanyard and usb stick and have invited her to an induction for late entrants on 18th at 3.15pm. Keep that date free for your daughter. Hope she will be joining soon. If not I would say chances are very good for September to December.
Raji

Post by Raji »

Hello Banana,

Thanks a lot for your reply and guidance. You have always been a Positive and helping soul in this group. Very much appreciated.

Good to hear the school has arranged an induction for the late entrants. Will see if my daughter is lucky to be there for that induction. My daughter was 3 numbers behind yours so I am bit worried if 2 kids have joined the WL before her.

As you said will wait to see if the WL gets updated tomorrow. Trying to stay positive.

Thanks again.
Bananas

Post by Bananas »

I'm sure it will go down at least 2 tomorrow.

Someone ahead of me PMd me to say they had an offer and it took a few days for it to show, the equivalent of Friday for our offer. Had that a couple of times now, its 3 days after the place is accepted it shows, sometimes 2.

It's moved 8 places recently, apparently movement now is linked to the induction day on 6th. Guess it makes people make a decision. Some people do hold on to places until the last minute or not turn up so early September you may well get in if not in the next week or so.
dk2011

Post by dk2011 »

In my knowledge at least 28-30 WL positions were finally offered a place. This information may be useful for 2018 aspirants.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now