Mock result disappointment

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Faiqamir

Mock result disappointment

Post by Faiqamir »

Dear parents
My dd took mock test of CEM at master brain academy ilford . Today I received the results which have made me very distressed as she scored very poor ...51 % n 48%. She has done better for cgp papers and fptp papers under strict exam conditions. I still can't believe that her percentile rank is 35 % . Other kids who took mock exam were those who attended the master brain acedemy for tuition. I have tutioned my dd myself and her results are always above expected age . I am so worried does anyone else have such experience with mock tests ? My dd has seen her results and is now heart broken as she did her best in exams . Which really makes me sick. Does anyone has an experience where DC did worse in mocks but passed real exam ? Thanks
Last edited by Faiqamir on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
HertsMum03

Re: Mock result disappointment

Post by HertsMum03 »

Hello,

It is very worrying for parents and something similar happened with my DS. I didn't tell him the grade as not to upset him but did look at the kind of questions he got wrong and asked him if anything phased him on the day. For example, was your DD nervous or distracted? Was she unfamiliar with the paper layout, question sheets or any types of questions. They could have been teaching specific styles of questions that they gave on the exam. On the real exam, those children might get caught out by the real experience.

Please try to remember the mock exams are more of an opportunity for her to experience sitting in strange surroundings with other children so that this doesn't happen on the actual day.

In addition, I have spoken to many parents who have not done well in mocks and gone on to pass so don't lose hope and good luck :)
Golden_Jubilee

Post by Golden_Jubilee »

I would not worry about any mock results however good it is. As you said the other children are from the tuition group. Even if they are not, no one knows how CEM actually is and from past comments from children (from this forum) all I know is: the real CEM is nowhere near any of the paper/mocks in the market. So as long as your DD's concepts are clear and she has done some prep at home, I don't think you should worry. Please explain her the same thing. Only few days left till exam. This is the not the time to worry for a mock that is no way like actual CEM. Real thing matters. Cheer Up :D
Faiqamir

Post by Faiqamir »

Thanks buddies for helpful replies ...I really appreciate.
Icepop

Post by Icepop »

I had the same experience with my DD, who does not go to Masterbrain academy but we just sat their Mocks and his results were below 50%,and his percentile rank below 30!!! which was shocking to see compared to all the Cgp,lett's,GL,Fptp and ********** papers. Most of the home mock papers he was getting above the 80% mark. These were all done during the summer holidays during the Same period. His average score for all the ********** mocks at their centre were over 70%.
Also you don't get to see the paper and it takes them one week to mark, compared to **********, where we received the results the same evening and also could review the same paper seeing where his mistakes were.