Mock Exams to assist with Redbridge CEM 2017 exams

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

shamim akhtar

Mock Exams to assist with Redbridge CEM 2017 exams

Post by shamim akhtar »

Hello lovely people :)

I am looking at mock exams in the local area for my DD to take in order to prepare for the Sept 2017 exams.

Any recommendations?

I was looking at the following as options and would appreciate feedback if possible

1. Masterbrain Academy
2. 11plusdiy
3. Susan Daughtrey
4. 11plus
Daogroupie

Re: Mock Exams to assist with Redbridge CEM 2017 exams

Post by Daogroupie »

The Redbridge CEM format is exactly the same format and content as every other CEM in the country except for Henrietta Barnet, Dame Alice Owens and SW Herts which are all subsets.

So you can widen your net and look at any CEM mocks apart from ones for the schools listed.

I would recommend you do one where her result will be compared with as many others as possible.

You need hundreds to get a good idea of where she is currently sitting.

Also get one that gives you as much feedback as possible on the ones she got wrong and the percentage of others that got it right. DG
shamim akhtar

Post by shamim akhtar »

Daogroupie wrote:The Redbridge CEM format is exactly the same format and content as every other CEM in the country except for Henrietta Barnet, Dame Alice Owens and SW Herts which are all subsets.

So you can widen your net and look at any CEM mocks apart from ones for the schools listed.

I would recommend you do one where her result will be compared with as many others as possible.

You need hundreds to get a good idea of where she is currently sitting.

Also get one that gives you as much feedback as possible on the ones she got wrong and the percentage of others that got it right. DG

Thank you DG! That's really help information. I am new to this journey.

Is it ok to admit that I am just scared to take the mocks in fear of what it means?

When would you say is a good time to start mocks? Currently she is with a tutor who tends to test/check them every 4 weeks to see their weakness but this isn't a mock as such.

Hats off to all those who are smoothly swam through this journey!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Yes, it is ok to feel that. Every parent would feel daunted by the prospect of finding out their dc is far behind their cohort.

But the purpose of mocks is to give you that info so you can act on it.

I know of parents who have really turned it around after bad mock results and it was just the spur they needed as they were getting complacent.

What is your tutor telling your about your dd's progress? DG
shamim akhtar

Post by shamim akhtar »

Daogroupie wrote:Yes, it is ok to feel that. Every parent would feel daunted by the prospect of finding out their dc is far behind their cohort.

But the purpose of mocks is to give you that info so you can act on it.

I know of parents who have really turned it around after bad mock results and it was just the spur they needed as they were getting complacent.

What is your tutor telling your about your dd's progress? DG

So general feedback from her:

She has come far in Maths since we started with her.
Comprehension - we are having really good days and some not so (unsure whether its the contents of the text or just not reading it properly!) When we go over she usually says 'Oh yeah how did I miss that?!
NVR - no issues except the odd mistakes
VR - CLOZE can be better, syns and ants; she is making some errors which can be rectified.

She reads a lot and enjoys reading a variety of texts. Sometimes I feel lost as to how to help her. Sorry if I have gone at a tangent here.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now