Wooford County Results - Entry to Sept 2018

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

dk2011

Re: Wooford County Results - Entry to Sept 2018

Post by dk2011 »

sampatk wrote:
russelk wrote:To all those receiving results, I just wanted to let you know that my daughter scored 108.91 last year and got a place at WCHS.
Russelk,
My DD has scored 108.31 this year. Was wondering if your DD got offer in the first round itself? Are my daughter's marks good enough to be hopeful for place in WCHS!!
Please read my other post for further information. You should be hopeful to get a place at some point of time before the start of the school.
bluevelvet

Post by bluevelvet »

Hiya, just wanted if people can give me some thoughts. My DD received her results yesterday for WCHS and she got 108.66. What are the chances of her getting an offer in March?. FYI we live in the common catchment and also have another daughter attending the school. Really anxious and feel bad for my DD as she has worked really hard and i can't really tell her whether she has been successful or not :(
dk2011

Post by dk2011 »

bluevelvet wrote:Hiya, just wanted if people can give me some thoughts. My DD received her results yesterday for WCHS and she got 108.66. What are the chances of her getting an offer in March?. FYI we live in the common catchment and also have another daughter attending the school. Really anxious and feel bad for my DD as she has worked really hard and i can't really tell her whether she has been successful or not :(
Please read the similar post on page 5 and 6 and you will get an idea.
SecretSquiggle

Post by SecretSquiggle »

Hi Bluevelvet,

Posting as it sounds as if you need some reassurance. If you read Bananas last post on this thread, she says 107.49 was the lowest offered score last year that was accepted in September. If I were you, I would definitely put WCH as first choice; if you aren't offered in March then go on the waitlist and don't give up hope!

There is quite a lot of movement on the list. I imagine some people don't even turn up on the first day of school. There's nothing on the priority criteria about sibling preference so it will just be ranked on score.

There haven't been that many posters on here recording their score so it's a bit hard to deduce where your DD stands. You should also keep an eye out for the Freedom of Information requests for this year's scores too.

In short, with the scant information we have and going on last year's scores I think you're definitely in with a shot but you may need to go on the waiting list.

Personally, it sounds to me as if your DD has done well and been successful in her own right if she's worked hard as you say. :)

HTH
ps sorry cross post with Dk, who writes so much more succinctly than I ever could!
dk2011

Post by dk2011 »

SecretSquiggle wrote:Hi Bluevelvet,

Posting as it sounds as if you need some reassurance. If you read Bananas last post on this thread, she says 107.49 was the lowest offered score last year that was accepted in September. If I were you, I would definitely put WCH as first choice; if you aren't offered in March then go on the waitlist and don't give up hope!

There is quite a lot of movement on the list. I imagine some people don't even turn up on the first day of school. There's nothing on the priority criteria about sibling preference so it will just be ranked on score.

There haven't been that many posters on here recording their score so it's a bit hard to deduce where your DD stands. You should also keep an eye out for the Freedom of Information requests for this year's scores too.

In short, with the scant information we have and going on last year's scores I think you're definitely in with a shot but you may need to go on the waiting list.

Personally, it sounds to me as if your DD has done well and been successful in her own right if she's worked hard as you say. :)

HTH
ps sorry cross post with Dk, who writes so much more succinctly than I ever could!
Thanks for your detailed post. One small correction regarding sibling preference , if more than one kid has got exactly the same score -which is very much possible - then it will come into the picture.
Bananas

Post by Bananas »

bluevelvet wrote:Hiya, just wanted if people can give me some thoughts. My DD received her results yesterday for WCHS and she got 108.66. What are the chances of her getting an offer in March?. FYI we live in the common catchment and also have another daughter attending the school. Really anxious and feel bad for my DD as she has worked really hard and i can't really tell her whether she has been successful or not :(
Last year you wouldn't have got an offer on the first March but you would have had an offer by the end of March. I would be optimistic though its one where the rankings would help.

Scores are taken to the second decimal place and I think after that its distance from school if they are on the same score but check on Redbridge site.

If you ask Redbridge how many girls passed this year it may give a quick indication if results are up or down this year, I think it was 386 passed last year (104) though you really need anonymous rankings and even then it's hard to know if you are not in the top 180. Roughly the top 300 got offered a place by September last year apart from those out of catchment within the 300.
dk2011

Post by dk2011 »

dk2011 wrote:
SecretSquiggle wrote:Hi Bluevelvet,

HTH
Thanks for your detailed post. One small correction regarding sibling preference , if more than one kid has got exactly the same score -which is very much possible - then it will come into the picture.
Apologies. Following section from School website explains selection process in case more than one candidate has same marks.
-----------------
•Where there is more than one such candidate with the same score, the tiebreak will be the shortest measured walking distance, as measured by a Geographic Information System, from the child's home to the main entrance of the school [using public roads and recognised footpaths (it should be noted that when measurements involve flats in the same block, the distance will be to the entrance of each individual flat)]. In using distance as a tie-breaker, should there be more than one applicant for a final place living an identical distance from the school in question, the Authority will use the random allocation facility within the Tribal “Admissions and Transfers System” pupil data base which is used for allocations.
-------------------
Nyusz

Post by Nyusz »

Hi all !

My daughters result for Woodford was 111.35, so should be ok (reading between the lines and from last year).
However she also entered Latymer, where her elder sister attends. Her result there was very unlikely to get her a place (I'd guess 5% chance) but we'd like her to go to Latymer if at all possible.
Anyone know what would happen if we put latymer first and woodford second? Do we HAVE to put woodford first on the CAF to stand a chance of getting in?

Theres just very little information about this.

Thanks in advance.
dk2011

Post by dk2011 »

Nyusz wrote:Hi all !

My daughters result for Woodford was 111.35, so should be ok (reading between the lines and from last year).
However she also entered Latymer, where her elder sister attends. Her result there was very unlikely to get her a place (I'd guess 5% chance) but we'd like her to go to Latymer if at all possible.
Anyone know what would happen if we put latymer first and woodford second? Do we HAVE to put woodford first on the CAF to stand a chance of getting in?

Thanks in advance.
You need to specify the Schools in the given order of the preference. Once a place is accepted for a given choice, lower prefered School(s) offer or waiting list position gets withdrawn- whereas- they will remain on the waiting lists of all higher preference Schools. In your case, provided all other eligibility, if you put Woodford as 2nd and Latymer as 1st choice, She will continue to remain on the waiting list of Latymer even if she has accepted Woodford offer.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Nyusz wrote:Hi all !

Thanks in advance.
This might seem a slightly odd request, but now that dk2011 has cleared up your CAF order query, would you be willing to pop over to this thread :D
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 71&t=52672
and post an indication of the wording of the letter you received from Latymer?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now