Oxbridge for ilford

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ToadMum

Re: Oxbridge for ilford

Post by ToadMum »

jaypn2009 wrote:
Guest55 wrote:
jaypn2009 wrote:What is the OXBRIDGE resutls for ilford county ? How many go these Universities ? any info available?
I'm genuiunely interested in how this is relevant to choosing a school. The students on any list are 8 years older than any child starting next year. The A level specifications are completing changes to linear and GCSE grades are also changing. Many teachers will have left a school in 8 years - historic degree information is irrelevant.
I am genuinely interested in knowing what else are you looking at , if you are choosing grammar school ?!
Not a mind reader, but I suspect that Guest55's response will be something along the lines of, there is more to 'success' than restricting yourself to two universities, which may be pretty good for a lot of things, but which neither of them are necessarily the best place to go for any given undergraduate course. Some of us want our DC to be given the best advice and help to find the right academic / career path for them, not a blanket, you must want to go here. So if fifty percent of an entire school year genuinely want to study, say, PPE and the course at Oxford genuinely most fits their interests, then I am genuinely happy for them if they all get a place there. Unfortunately, in reality seeing large groups of students going to the same place to do the same thing would almost certainly start alarm bells ringing.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
scary mum

Re: Oxbridge for ilford

Post by scary mum »

A little bit like the "grammar school, any grammar school" mindset, rather than the right school for the child.
scary mum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now