Allocation Day 1st March 2018 - Woodford County

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bikrambunny

Re: Allocation Day 1st March 2018 - Woodford County

Post by bikrambunny »

Anyone know what current lowest accepting score is for Woodford? My DD scored 110 but no first round offer so trying to get a handle on whether she may get offered later on. Thanks and well done all who are already in :D
Bananas

Post by Bananas »

Try e-mailing Redbridge admissions and asking them what the lowest score offered was - I think they will give it to you.

We were 25th on waiting list last year, got offer in July. There's quite a flurry of offers in March/April then it goes quiet but then around the open days it starts shifting again. At 110 my money would be on you being offered a place in March. My daughter is there is y7. There's one left her class last week so even after September there's movement. I would say about 35 have been offered places to now.
bikrambunny

Post by bikrambunny »

Thanks Bananas. The scores were off the scale this year and so many more girls sat than ever before. I'll try emailing redbridge as you suggest :D
Bananas

Post by Bananas »

There were massive rises in numbers sitting and scores last year too but that does mean percentage declining offers has risen. I wonder if its those going private having more back up options maybe worried about economy but they seem to go private in the end though one girl in DDs class parents sent her private to Bancrofts and accepted Woodford then she didn't turn up so Woodford had to investigate. Think it was 18 percent rise in numbers sitting last year.
shamim akhtar

Post by shamim akhtar »

DD got WCHS and we are really happy. Would be good to know more WCHS 2018 parents too.
dk2011

Post by dk2011 »

According to the Redbridge schools' admission criteria(https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/media/4866 ... tances.pdf):
Ilford County High School: Last offered on time candidate scored 109.06
Woodford County High School: Last offered on time candidate scored 110.54

You can work out your WL position(roughly) by looking at the score sheet based on the above information.
SecretSquiggle

Post by SecretSquiggle »

Further to dk's post, here is a link to the scores - I uploaded them to a spreadsheet. It's a bit easier to see than the FOI request.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AtXN1BWw6deUhXvoQMjLhOU2VMbu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ssq
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now