11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Malli

coaches to Colchester

Post by Malli »

does anyone know coach services to Colchester from Redbirdge/Ilford or nearby
ToadMum

Re: coaches to Colchester

Post by ToadMum »

Malli wrote:does anyone know coach services to Colchester from Redbirdge/Ilford or nearby
Somebody has already posted about setting up a service to Colchester or Chelmsford, but only for girls. They mentioned Brentwood in the title of the thread, but perhaps a company would be interested in running a service from Ilford via Brentwood, or two services, if it is necessary to have separate buses for boys and girls?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Malli

Post by Malli »

thank you. I will check it out.
rkohl

Post by rkohl »

I am also looking for one.
shamim akhtar

Post by shamim akhtar »

Malli wrote:does anyone know coach services to Colchester from Redbirdge/Ilford or nearby
There is a mini bus service I think, I remember when DD went to WCHS to take the exam, there was a lady handing out flyers about a service she started, I think she said 2 of her children attend the school.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

shamim akhtar wrote:
There is a mini bus service I think, I remember when DD went to WCHS to take the exam, there was a lady handing out flyers about a service she started, I think she said 2 of her children attend the school.
Is it just me, or does anyone else find handing out flyers outside one school about a minibus service to another school over fifty miles away a little bizarre?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
masari_pirates

Post by masari_pirates »

I find it bizarre!

These children must have immense stamina if they are able to sustain that long travel for a term.
I once took a job where I had to travel for 35 miles. It was lovely the first day, but then quit the job after a week! :mrgreen:
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

The other thing find slightly strange is that the WCHS staff allowed it :shock:
shamim akhtar

Post by shamim akhtar »

ToadMum wrote:
shamim akhtar wrote:
Is it just me, or does anyone else find handing out flyers outside one school about a minibus service to another school over fifty miles away a little bizarre?
Was definitely bizarre! We was all in crowd outside WCHS waiting for the girls to finish, and for us to be let in and she was just giving them out and telling out how amazing Colchester was, that all great, but not when I more concerned about how my DD did in the exam!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Colchester is indeed an interesting place, lots of history ('oldest recorded town in England' and all that) and the zoo is well worth a visit :D

But I'm guessing that's not what the woman was on about? I doubt that the minibus company runs a late service to allow the girls to visit the museums or hang out with their local classmates in the park for an hour or two after school.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now