Bestgrade tuition

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Reh

Bestgrade tuition

Post by Reh »

Hi im considering tuition for my son in year 5...and wondered if anyone is able to offer any information regarding "Bestgrade tuition".
We are preparing for Latymer and Ilford County. Any recommendations for a good tutor for these schools would also be welcome.
Please pm me with details.
Thanks, Reh

comments by PM only please - Moderator
piggys

Re: Bestgrade tuition

Post by piggys »

They must be pretty useless seeing as the first thing which appears on their website is "DISCOVER THE JOURNEY TO SUCESS".

With spelling that bad, who on earth would pay? :shock: :shock: :o The grammar and prose is also really terrible throughout. It's scandalous, tbh, that people pay for this rubbish.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Ouch! Yes I looked too - even the opening pages are all riddled with errors.

'Our programmes aim each child's weakness individually'
'Our regular progress tests helps teachers to understand a child's weakness and bridge the learning gaps'
'Our tuition is the utmost support on your progression into grammar school'

Nope. Save your money.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

It's an assessment test - 'If your English is so poor that you don't notice how appalling ours is, your chance of passing the 11+ is indeed remote '?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
piggys

Post by piggys »

I just called them (naughty me) and spoke to the manager . I enquired about the GCSE provision and apparently the teachers are 'graduates but not experienced teachers' :shock:
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

piggys wrote:I just called them (naughty me) and spoke to the manager . I enquired about the GCSE provision and apparently the teachers are 'graduates but not experienced teachers' :shock:
What, not even in the commercial tutoring line?

Perhaps very few people fail to notice the poor standard of the promotional literature and most steer well clear.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx